Greetings from Connecticut's Quiet Corner

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtK

Reaction score
Hello!
Thanks for allowing me access to the Kitchen Knife Forums. I'm looking forward to perusing the forums and hopefully obtaining answers to some questions I've had about kitchen, and in particular, different types of serrated knives.

Kurt

So glad to meet you - Welcome!
I've no doubt you'll find what you seek and learn a few things that you didn't even know you wanted to know!
See you around the boards, KurtK

Hello everyone. I have a serrated kitchen knife which I purchased in the 1980s, and since it's not branded I would like to try and figure out what kind of knife it is. It is certainly not a fine knife, but has served me very well over the decades, and I'd like to know more about it, and perhaps find an equivalent. Is there a particular area in this forum where I should post the question? Perhaps the Kitchen Knife Knowledge section? I have a few photos that I took that might help identify at least the generic type. Thanks.

@Nemo , I use this particular serrated knife for slicing tomatoes, onions, garlic, citrus, etc. It's a bit thin for very crusty bread, for which I have a dedicated bread knife.

Last edited:
Yes, you should post your question in a new thread i Kitchen Knife Knowledge.

If you have the resources, you should try a good Japanese style knife for many of the tasks you have listed. I found them to be a revalation in comparison to the thicker German knives I had been using until then.

Back