Greetings from Michigan

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agp

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My name is Hunter and I'm new to this forum. I just started grad school at UM in the fall. Since there was no more undergraduate cafeteria, I had to learn how to cook and that got me addicted to knife. I posted a "recommend me a knife" thread in the general discussion board, hopefully you guys will be able to help!

Cheers

Welcome fellow Michigander! U of M is only about 45 min from me :)

Welcome fellow Michigander!

There seem to be more and more on this board than ever, I like it.

Welcome to KKF Hunter...you won't find a more knowledgable group. Let us know if we can help you with anything.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Welcome fellow Michigander! U of M is only about 45 min from me :)

Are you offering factory tours? :D

There seem to be more and more on this board than ever, I like it.

Welcome to KKF Hunter...you won't find a more knowledgable group. Let us know if we can help you with anything.

I have already been overwhelmed with the knowledge here, I'm sure I will learn a lot. By the way, are you a Cadillac owner as well?

I didn't realize there were so many others here from MI!

Dave

By the way, are you a Cadillac owner as well?

Oh yeah. I had the first-gen CTS sport back in 06 ...
2ez4s60.png

...and I've had my current gen CTS since 09 (not my pic, but same exact car with black ice paint and tints)
2co20ax.gif

Would love my next ride to be the upcoming ATS but I have a ring to buy in the next few months and a wedding, house and kids in the years following to save for.

^ love it man! You don't see many with the sport appearance package on the last-gen, even in this highly-saturated area, which is why I loved mine so much.

Amazing what a grille, lip spoiler, wheels and larger dual exhaust ports can do to differentiate from the pack.

Glad to have you around.

Welcome my Fiancee's sister is a psyc. phd. student at um. And welcome to the nut house.

Btw, I might be wrong, but I think Detroit is going to become one of the next hip cities. It might take some years yet, but a big city with cheap rent tends to attract good things. Most urban areas hit their low in the '80s and Detroit hit it in the '00s. Now urban areas are hot, so I think Detroit is just going to be lagging another 10 years but rebound nicely. Saw a story on the miracle of TV recently and they highlighted a couple businesses that have chosen to move there.

And I think a forum member I know might be moving that direction in the near future. Bad for me but good for Detroit.

k.

We already have a brew pub movement going and things are looking up. For opening day there was even a Food truck ralley at Campus Martius on Opening day for the Tigers. Lots of great farm markets etc.

Dave

We already have a brew pub movement going and things are looking up. For opening day there was even a Food truck ralley at Campus Martius on Opening day for the Tigers. Lots of great farm markets etc.

Dave

Did you get to try any of the food? One of the mexican food trucks that were a part of that was located on a corner by Greektown last summer and I would go there once in a while--pretty good.

I know they did a similar thing in Royal Oak previously with the food trucks and the turnout was way more than anticipated...so it must of been crazy for opening day.

Regrettably I didn't hear about the food truck event until after the fact. :(

Dave

Back