Quantcast

Greetings from Tallahassee

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Keith Neal

Reaction score
My name is Keith Neal. I am a retired Air Force fighter pilot and also retired from my tax business after the Air Force. I have bought several items from Dave, and learned much from his DVD. (Hey Dave, when is the second set you mentioned coming out?) I am still a beginner at sharpening. I have been working on my Masamoto Janagi for a while, and have it approaching completion.

I look forward to learning a lot in this forum.

Pensacola Tiger

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum,Keith. We're practically neighbors.

SpikeC

Reaction score
Welcome to the group! I'm a retired Army M-16 pilot!

jm2hill

Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Shout out to all the military vets! Its been a dream of my since I was 5. If it wasn't for a blood condition I would be right next to all of you.

Keith Neal

Reaction score
I need to give credit where it is due. In my original post, I said I was a beginner at sharpening. Actually, I have been sharpening knives (American/German) for fifty years or so, and thought myself quite good at it. Then recently I became interested in Japanese knives and sharpening them, which led to Dave and then to his DVD. It was there that I discovered I hardly knew anything about sharpening knives. So I am a beginner in the real art of sharpening. However, my Masamoto Janagi is coming along nicely, thanks to Dave. And I have to review the video periodically to pick up additional fine points. Very interesting stuff!

Keith