Greetings from the UK!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJD

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm finally getting around to joining this forum, after having found so much useful information here while researching a few kitchen knife purchases. I'm not much of a cook but I love baking, and I could easily develop a serious habit for high quality kitchenware (perhaps you can relate :)). I look forward to getting to know you all and continuing to learn more!

Best wishes,

Peter

Welcome. Do you have any favorite UK'ish knives?

Hello DarKHarlequiN, Qapla and Logan!

British knives, now there's a good question. I'm afraid I know very little about British knives, which is a real shame as we used to have an incredible cutlery industry here, especially in the north of England. I'm sure there are plenty of small manufacturers turning out excellent work, if only we knew about them!

Personally, I'm a bit of a Francophile and a keen history buff, so vintage and antique Sabatiers are what I'm really interested in. I must have a look into British knifemakers...

Welcome, there are actually quite a few brits (myself included) on this forum.
As far as UK knife makers go Will Catcheside and Dan Prendergast are well known and regarded, also Blenheim Forge, Didsbury Forge and, less of a cutler, Owen Bush Bladesmith.

not comprehensive but that lot should fill your Insta with some fine UK blades!

Hello Sidey, and thank you for your welcome! I'll definitely have a look at the names you've suggested. :)

Hello DarKHarlequiN, Qapla and Logan!

British knives, now there's a good question. I'm afraid I know very little about British knives, which is a real shame as we used to have an incredible cutlery industry here, especially in the north of England. I'm sure there are plenty of small manufacturers turning out excellent work, if only we knew about them!

Personally, I'm a bit of a Francophile and a keen history buff, so vintage and antique Sabatiers are what I'm really interested in. I must have a look into British knifemakers...
Good day

So there’s also Simon M (Frenchman actually) up in Sheffield. And Tim from Clement knives in Maidenhead.

Does anyone know any good knife makers from the south west of England by any chance? Much appreciated from Bobby

Never used any of their blades, but Nouko look interesting. Central Bristol, bladesmithing courses and some nice looking knives on offer,.

1626906582026.jpeg

Wendon makes some decent knives, handled a few at the uk show a couple of years ago.
There are definitely a lot more uk makers of kitchen knives now compared to 10-12 years ago when I started looking.

@PJD welcome to the forum

Welcome! Careful, this forum latches onto you and you’ll be spending exorbant amount of money on knives in no time!

Logan's right. Welcome PJD, but...beware the Knife Monkey, it will be costly, it's hard to shake, and it will piss off your spouse/partner.

(I'm thinking about starting a Knife Monkey thread, sort of a KK Anonymous to air horror stories of recent knife buying binges. You know, get things off your back )

Back