Greetings to you, my fellow knife people

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tapio

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m a Finn who has used knives and other sharp-edged tools throughout his life. Few years ago I felt the need to master blade sharpening before I would turn 40. I started to explore the world of blade sharpening and I’m still on this quest. Japanese kitchen knives and Nordic puukko knives I enjoy the most. I also enjoy to sharpen all kind of blades like axes, straight razors, scissor, planes and chisels.

Hi all,
I’m a Finn who has used knives and other sharp-edged tools throughout his life. Few years ago I felt the need to master blade sharpening before I would turn 40. I started to explore the world of blade sharpening and I’m still on this quest. Japanese kitchen knives and Nordic puukko knives I enjoy the most. I also enjoy to sharpen all kind of blades like axes, straight razors, scissor, planes and chisels.

Welcome. Do you have any favorite puukkos?

Your location is listed as "Brazil Paraná"; there are some Brazilians on the forum who can point you to local Brazilian knife-makers.

Welcome. Do you have any favorite puukkos?

Your location is listed as "Brazil Paraná"; there are some Brazilians on the forum who can point you to local Brazilian knife-makers.
I sure have some favourite puukkos. I like high carbon low alloy steels. Roselli's UHC steel is one of my favourite steels and I use Roselli's Hunting, Carpenter and Bear claw UHC knives a lot. I also like two simple but effective puukkos, which are made by some Finnish blacksmiths unknown to me. I have many vintage laminated steel blade Moras. Old Moras have a special place in my collection.

Few days ago I ordered a puukko from Bulgarian knifemaker Todor Hristov. I think I'll like this knife a lot. For me it seems to be a perfect combination of Nordic tradition, knife making skills and Japanese steel. Traditional puukko shape, birch bark handle, blue steel #2 steel with damascus cladding and damascus bolsters.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums and hello from Keski-Suomi 😊

Back