Grind Patent?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a photo of a -forged- in fuller on IG, and within minutes I had recieved two comments addressed to me on IG as well as a PM on a forum from this maker, outlining futire "patents"

Perhaps "food release" is a hot potato in the world of autopsy knife makers? Or should it be "corpse release"? Yum!

Let's hope his passarounds don't get mixed up!

Corpse release, ewwwww.

knives have been around so long, I don't think you could patent a grind. now if you with a unique holding jig and grinder attachment, maybe one could patent that.

Publicity stunt , most likely got the inspiration from cold steel patenting San mai , lets all ignore it .

I am not a lawyer, but there are several in my extended family. If I was a knife maker and had someone contact me with this kind of spurious threat, I'd use the free services of one my relatives to fire off a letter on a nice legal letterhead that would make this guy (expletive deleted) his pants.

It's amazing what being contacted by an actual legal firm will do in situations like this, and it may not cost much even for online services. The key word you want here is "defamation" of reputation in relation to your business.

I posted a photo of a -forged- in fuller on IG, and within minutes I had recieved two comments addressed to me on IG as well as a PM on a forum from this maker, outlining futire "patents"

Perhaps "food release" is a hot potato in the world of autopsy knife makers? Or should it be "corpse release"? Yum!

Let's hope his passarounds don't get mixed up!

the Japanese knifemaker has been doing this for years ...
having a international patent is not "cheap" ....
it's just a publicity , he's looking for a "buz"

Back