SOLD Gyuto - CPM S90V

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks amazing @Andrei and what a steal.

I believe that this profile is Andrei’s usual. I have a gyuto from him with the same dimensions and it’s a pure performer. All the knives I have from him are great performers. This is one hell of a price for his work especially in this super steel. I’ll let this sit here for now so someone else can get the chance to experience his knives but if it’s still here when I get back I’ll be adding another markin to my arsenal. Lol

I like the other knife, is that an s90V too? for sale?

can you share some details on the the other knife - the dmensions, materials etc. where are you based Andrei? thanks

Another knife has the same dimensions, M390 steel, a handle made of stabilized Karelian birch and stabilized bog oak. This knife was made to order and I hope he will come to his master soon
I live in Russia.

What is, in your opinion and with the steels you are currently working with, the best steel option for a gyuto like the one you posted here? 230-50 approx

I work with those steels, and in general materials that I like. Therefore, for me there are no good and bad steels, everyone has their pros and cons.
But if you need a balance of steel properties and practicality, then I choose the M390 or Elmax.

Thank you Andrei. Is S90V difficult to sharpen on JNATs or Shapton pro stones?

I sharpen all knives from different steel on Shapton pro stones. And sharpening never caused problems, some began to grind faster, others slower, and these are all the differences:)

great to hear that. I sent you a PM, Andrei,. thanks.

Thanks for your info.
In term of pure edge performance, do you have a personal favorite ? Corrosion resistance out of the equation :)

I have not yet determined my favorite. Knives take away all my free time, so I often do not cook 1-2 times a week. But I can highlight such steels as K390, PGK. There are other crazy steels like REX121, CPM-125V, 110V and others, but I have less experience with them. One person will not be able to make knives and test them at the same time, so I often resort to the help of professional chefs.

Back