Gyuto san-mai Vanadis10

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Sell interesting Gyuto.
Blade-253/47/3. 5 mm. Stainless san-mai damascus, Central layer Vanadis10 64HRC. Cutting edge thickness 0.1 - 0.2 mm.
Handle-140mm. snakewood and Buffalo horn.
Payment via PayPal. Price 1100$
My mail [email protected]
Delivery 20-30$
I will be happy to answer any questions. Damascus on the outside of the blade has a hardness of 60-61HRC. The balance point is on the neck of the knife.

I will add photos with the geometry of the blade. If you have any suggestions regarding the price, then I am ready to listen to them in private messages, I often go to meet my customers;)

This is an awesome knife, and I understand the price considering the material costs and insane labor involved for such a difficult steel. In that respect the price is entirely fair. But you might want to keep this one up your back pocket until you sell a few more standard knives proving your reputation. The asking price is approaching very well respected knife makers that have proven their geometries/heat-treat beyond doubt. Your knives look great (I've bought one) but you may need to raise your profile first.

Sorry if this breaks the rules. Andrei, I'll remove this comment if you message me.

Hi everyone.
Sell interesting Gyuto.
Blade-253/47/3. 5 mm. Stainless san-mai damascus, Central layer Vanadis10 64HRC. Cutting edge thickness 0.1 - 0.2 mm.
Handle-140mm. snakewood and Buffalo horn.
Payment via PayPal. Price 1100$
My mail [email protected]
Delivery 20-30$
I will be happy to answer any questions. Damascus on the outside of the blade has a hardness of 60-61HRC. The balance point is on the neck of the knife.

extemely impressive!!

what is your turnaround time? from order to finished knife.

i think the pricing is fair with regards to the materials used and also the work needed to process the materials. this is not white 2 with a magnolia/ho wood handle.

vanadis 10 would be on the order of about 100 times slower/more belt consuming to grind than white 2, or so. and a lot harder/more expensive to HT... and snakewood is the most expensive wood in the world pretty much. 3-5 times more expensive than other premium wood.

i think the pricing is fair with regards to the materials used and also the work needed to process the materials. this is not white 2 with a magnolia/ho wood handle.

vanadis 10 would be on the order of about 100 times slower/more belt consuming to grind than white 2, or so. and a lot harder/more expensive to HT... and snakewood is the most expensive wood in the world pretty much. 3-5 times more expensive than other premium wood.
I'm glad you liked my knife ...
The timing of the knife is 2-3 months.

I'm still waiting for my orders from andrei but I had the chance to use a friend's knife. His fit and finish is very high, the steels he works with are crazy and his grinds are spot on. In my personal opinion, he's the best value custom maker out there right now. Someone looking for edge retention should jump on this.

I'm still waiting for my orders from andrei but I had the chance to use a friend's knife. His fit and finish is very high, the steels he works with are crazy and his grinds are spot on. In my personal opinion, he's the best value custom maker out there right now. Someone looking for edge retention should jump on this.
Thank you very much for your feedback:)

Well I get this might not be an impulse buy item but not knowing this maker before this post... you certainly have my attention. I hope whoever picks this up uses the heck outa it.

Back