• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hado 'Shiro' 240 W#2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
232 [heel to tip]*51*181g

$300 $275 shipped worldwide from Australia

This knife shows excellent wide bevel grinding and fantastic fit and finish by the team at Hado. Forged by Y Tanaka

Never sharpened, just stropped, home use only - photos show current state

This is the second Sakai knife [this and FM] that I have owned that just doesn't work for me- Selling now as i just don't reach for it - Sanjo and forged taper is what I like

20230318_094437.jpg

20230318_094442.jpg

20230318_094454.jpg

20230318_094527.jpg

20230318_094535.jpg

20230318_094937.jpg

Last edited:
What series Hado is this? Sharpener?
I got this from Chefs Edge in Aus and they called it the 'Shiro' line White #2 Iron clad

here is what i copied off their website when i purchased

HADO Sakai are, in our opinion, among Japan's premier knife makers. Everything about their Shiro range is exquisite. The packaging has been custom designed in collaboration with French artist Phillipe Weisbecker, of which this packaging houses one of the finest blades we have ever seen.

This range is forged by none other than Yoshikazu Tanaka, widely considered to be one of the best blacksmiths in Sakai. They are crafted using White 2 Steel, clad in soft iron, and sharpened in-house by Maruyama-San, a clearly skillful sharpener. The grinds are thin, the Shinogi lines as crisp and smooth as they come. The bevels are wide especially at the tip, resulting in effortless cuts and less resistance against produce. Paired with single-piece charred Oak octagon handles which have also been finished to a very high standard.

All Hado are Y. Tanaka smithed and Maruyama sharpener (mostly) for the wide bevels. Maruyama trained under Kyuzo for the wide bevels. Kyuzo trained under Morihiro. I think these are the Sumi series.

All Hado are Y. Tanaka smithed and Maruyama sharpener (mostly) for the wide bevels. Maruyama trained under Kyuzo for the wide bevels. Kyuzo trained under Morihiro. I think these are the Sumi series.
And Kyuzo is known to be Tsuyoshi Yauchi, son of Yasui Yauchi (Heihachi). All top rated sharpeners.

Back