Stefan's Handle order update

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soon.......my precious........

Rick, you just had bad luck because I needed to 'repair' yours and then didn't have the right piece until Marko helped me out. But I have it on my table again right now...

Stefan

Wow, those maple handles are amazing. I love the look of buckeye too, and the horn on both ends compliments that one really well. Awesome stuff!

Rick, you just had bad luck because I needed to 'repair' yours and then didn't have the right piece until Marko helped me out. But I have it on my table again right now...

Stefan

gollumface.jpg

Oooh? That's great news! Thanks to both you and Marko are in order!

I agree that the quilted maple looks awesome.

[video=youtube_share;DLvIFRNbqOs]http://youtu.be/DLvIFRNbqOs[/video]

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Thanks guys. But it looks like there is a curse over me right now, have been down with a cold since Thursday and coughing my lungs out Sat and today. Very annoying. But I hope to get over it soon. Good thing is, the semester is over and I can go to the shop any time now during the week.

Stefan

Just to follow up: got over my cold, went to the shop today, and all the handles listed above are now done and the ones that are paid will ship on Monday.

Just in case anybody is interested, between the handles I still have on my website and a few more I made, there will be approx. 20 extra handles available in the next few days. Most of them are finished, about 8 more are on my bench right now. I will probably post the first ones around Wednesday. In the meantime, I will continue to work on the ordered handles. Still aiming to get them all done by mid - June.

Right now, it doesn't really look all that promising reg. a day job in the fall, so I may consider doing a few months of woodworking to bridge me over to the next season. I will announce this as soon as I have any idea what will happen after July 31. And if nobody wants to order anything, that may be my opportunity to lose weight.... ;)

Stefan

Just parking this here because I need to show some WIP handles to people... Hey Rick, look, there is hope! ;)

blue handle.jpg

Is that me, the second one from the right?

My precious???!

Those three colored handles look pretty wicked. Stefan, you have to do some more pictures of these by themselves when you're done.

View attachment 7168

Is that me, the second one from the right?

My precious???!

Yep, I hope you will like it...

Those three colored handles look pretty wicked. Stefan, you have to do some more pictures of these by themselves when you're done.

I will try, the last few rounds I haven't taken many photos because I was running so late with making them that I didn't want to hold it up more for pictures...

Stefan

Oh yeah, looks great! Gonna look even better on my Tanaka!! In honor of his passing I'd like to dedicate the re-handling to him.

There's that dyed spalted tamarind again. Where is the second one, the one I asked about, oh, a month ago? :whistling:

There's that dyed spalted tamarind again. Where is the second one, the one I asked about, oh, a month ago? :whistling:

I just scored another piece of that funky wood, I can make you a set :D

Stefan

Hi guys, just for all of you who bought a handle in the last week or so, between not getting to the post office, running out of boxes, and my printer dying I am a bit late with shipping things out. But the plan is to pack the rest up on Saturday while Germany beats Portugal in soccer and shipping it all out right after that. Thanks for your patience. Working on the next batches, by next week there should be quite a few other ones finished.

Stefan

i was thinking about ordering a handle to see if i like it. then i saw the waiting list :(

number 9 is just what i've been looking for. i don't need the ring in between though...how do i order it?

Yeah, unfortunately I am notorious for long wait times. However, it's getting better. Unless I find a full time job on short notice, I will spend more time catching up. Next week I hope to cross about 25-30 handles off the order list. Still plenty left, but the wait time is moving from years to months...

Stefan

Yeah, unfortunately I am notorious for long wait times. However, it's getting better. Unless I find a full time job on short notice, I will spend more time catching up. Next week I hope to cross about 25-30 handles off the order list. Still plenty left, but the wait time is moving from years to months...

Stefan

full time job? with this skill and service, i think you'd be make a lot of money just by selling handles alone. if you devote more time into it, i could only imagine the $$$ you'll be making.

but back on topic, how long is the wait? :D

I wish! My prices are too low, this is actually the first year with a potential to break into the profit zone - a few more years like that and I could break even overall :) And I always say it's a small market of crazy people (myself included, of course), but nothing to build an existence on.

Anyway, as for wait time, I would say sometime in September is realistic the way things are going now. Many times I don't strictly go in the order on my list because it is more efficient to bundle similar ones into one batch. And if it's a very 'simple' design, I can sometimes just squeeze them in somehow. But overall, I try to be fair and respect the order sequence.

Stefan

I just cleaned and reorganized my order list a little bit. Some people still need to be contacted to confirm orders or order details, but overall I expect to finish about half of the current orders in the coming 2 weeks. That still leaves about 30+ handles ahead of any new order, but that is better than what it looked like before the clean-up...

Stefan

O.k., I have to admit, between moving, looking for a job, and being depressed about my whole situation, I am worried that I have lost track of a few things. My order list should be reasonably up to date, but I am not sure whether I remember everything that was discussed through PMs. Unfortunately, I deleted some PMs by accident when I cleaned for more space, so I just want to see if I have it all correct.

- Currently, handles are in the mail or about to be mailed for Patrick O., Jim, Chris, Emanuel, Philip K., Jack G., Noah, Cody S., and Andy M.

- If you are NOT among the ones I mentioned above and NOT on my order list at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CNvc0_MG&hl=en&authkey=CNvc0_MG#gid=0 but you wanted one of my available handles, can you please contact me again? There is a good chance that your PM got deleted by accident.

Sorry about the mess. I am going back to the shop this week, so things will hopefully move forward there also. My currently available handles will be posted soon with more details, either here and on my website or through Dave's website as special deals - stay tuned :groucho:

Stefan

Just to confirm that everything mentioned above plus handles for Joshua V. and James C. have shipped except the ones for Patrick O. where I am just waiting for the address confirmation.

Stefan

Just to confirm that everything mentioned above plus handles for Joshua V. and James C. have shipped except the ones for Patrick O. where I am just waiting for the address confirmation.

Stefan

:funfunfunfun:

Back