Stefan's Handle order update

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O.k., back to work. I have just had a frustrating summer and fall, struggling to cope with unemployment and a few other things, and rather than spending the extra time productively in the wood shop, I just slid into dark hole for a while. But things are looking up again. Still looking for a day job but getting better with more productive things again. Time for a quick update for people who may not even remember they are on my order list after such a long time... Here is what's happening on my order list:

Chris M. - handle touch-up on the deba almost finished, just need to refinish the handle. I will try and send pics on Sunday or Monday to make sure you are o.k. with it and expect to ship the knife next week.

Martin Dauer - Has been finished for a while, I need to follow up.
Sebastien - Has been finished for a while, I need to follow up.
Rick O. - Last handle from the order just needs to be run over the buffer and will be shipped next week.
Mike Styons - pieces are cut, will glue the handle next week, should be finished within the coming 3-4 weeks.
John Neeleman - pieces are cut, will glue the handle next week, should be finished within the coming 3-4 weeks.
Daniel Williams - will be finished and ready for shipping within the coming 2 weeks.
Zach Lenz (3x) - will be finished and ready for shipping within the coming 2 weeks.
Tu Tran (2x) - will be finished and ready for shipping within the coming 2 weeks.
Rob Sacco - will be finished and ready for shipping within the coming 2 weeks.
Scott Schapiro - Have to see how it goes, there are a few grooves in the redwood I need to fill. If that works and looks good, handle should ship in the next 2 weeks.
Salvatore Taibi - will be finished and ready for shipping within the coming 2 weeks.
Sean - will be finished and ready for shipping within the coming 2 weeks.
GilYoun Jang (2x) - pieces are cut, will glue the handle next week, should be finished within the coming 3-4 weeks.
* James B. (7x) - pieces are selected and prepared, waiting for final confirmation before cutting and gluing.
Taylor - pieces are cut, will glue the handle next week, should be finished within the coming 3-4 weeks.
Philip Wolfe - pieces are selected but not yet cut to size, will try to include the handle in the next batch.
Bret Tullis - pieces are selected but not yet cut to size, will try to include the handle in the next batch.
dave t - pieces are selected but not yet cut to size, will try to include the handle in the next batch.
Donald - will select pieces and make suggestions

Ben Prescott, Bill Farrell, Mark Velten all had asked about 'off the shelf handles' - I have a box with about 25 of those in various states of readiness, but I kept pushing them aside for the longest time. I will make an effort in the coming 2 weeks to get a bunch of them ready...

* If James B. confirms the order of a set of 7, that may add a week to the ETA of the handles coming after him in the list, but I will try to do my best.

That's as far as I can see regarding realistic time frames right now. Once these are all at least glued together, I will contact everyone who is a bit later in the list about details again. My goal is to get them all done by Christmas at the latest.

Thanks for your patience, everybody,

Stefan

Good to see you working your way out of that dark hole. Keep it up, we are all behind you.:pirate1:

Keep it up, we are all behind you.:pirate1:

I was, but I didn't like the view.
I will pull you along from up front here on out.

Look like a solid list. Set of 7? Lucky dog. Matching?

Back