Handles, Conversions, and other Stuff

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad to see another defender of the bread knife ;) Great work, Mike, very clean amd fittng combo. Merry Christmas!

Stefan

Mike that looks amazing, Thank you! I'm so excited to get my tojiro and my A-type back!

Before and after

IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

A definite improvement! Mike, your work is always amazing.
In the new year I really want to see you do a western though!!!!
I'm not the only one!

Thanks, but my mission is to rid the world of those pesky western handles

A definite improvement! Mike, your work is always amazing.
In the new year I really want to see you do a western though!!!!
I'm not the only one!

Now that's a makeover. No need for westerns when you make wa's like that. Love the slim ferrule with the copper? liner. Fantastic as always.

Ok. That's the best one I've seen to date. And there have been some outstanding ones (all of them...).

These are all going to the same addy in Canada. I can't believe that I am actually getting caught up a little, with my crazy schedule this summer I was really behind.
Thanks guys.

IMG_3297.jpg

It's great to see your still improving with every handle, and your early ones were already quite good!

Beautiful handles Mike!
Maybe you should change your forum user name to Hobegone

A lot of my old pics are gone, so just thought I would add a few pics of some of the handles I have made in the past.

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

This is gonna feel good to say. Charles I'm waiting on you! It's ready to go except for the angled butt, I should really have the knife here before I do that.

IMG_3317.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

After seeing those forge cleaver mods, I'm starting to regret gifting you that forge cleaver... D'oh!

Just kiddinnnngggg...

Awesome stuff Mike, keep em coming!

A couple of those look a little familiar :D! Great work, past and present. Can't wait to see what knife goes with this new handle. Also glad to see you working with more horn, and now tooth. If I ever get around to making a gallery of my knives, it's fare to say it'll also be about your handles. Thanks again for the hard work, awesome handles, and last, but not least, an unlikely friendship. Hope you don't mind, but I'll be stopping by your place if I ever make it to your neck of the woods.

Your welcome anytime

A couple of those look a little familiar :D! Great work, past and present. Can't wait to see what knife goes with this new handle. Also glad to see you working with more horn, and now tooth. If I ever get around to making a gallery of my knives, it's fare to say it'll also be about your handles. Thanks again for the hard work, awesome handles, and last, but not least, an unlikely friendship. Hope you don't mind, but I'll be stopping by your place if I ever make it to your neck of the woods.

Looks wonderful Mike. As always, its a pleasure working with you. Not just great craftsmanship, but top notch customer service!

Mike you have any openings? Looking to get a knife rehandled. Awesome work always my friend

Just thought I would add these to this thread too. These are some of the very first handles I ever made.... that were photo worthy. The Ironwood/Maple combo was the first I ever sold. I really had a thing for white spacers.

IMG_6227.jpg

IMG_6262.jpg

IMG_6234.jpg

Do I need to trade you my first-born to get that one with the turquoise in it?

Im pretty sure its gone...but if not, Ill take the kid and send money to mhenry for you :) I need someone to watch the dog while Im at work.

Things are pretty crazy at work again, but I have managed to get a couple ready for knives.

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

Back