Hardentknives gyuto community project passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardentknives

Knifemaker
Reaction score
Hey guys,

A while ago i forged a blade in mild clad san mai. 80crv2 core if remember correctly but not super sure. Unfortunately its spine cracked in heat treat so i cant sell it. However, it has some of the best low bevel forged geometry ive ever forged so itd be a waste to throw it away. Ill be offering it up for a passaround, for as long as it lasts. You guys can pretty much do anything with it(except steal it xd). Feel free to start stone polishing or throw on a new handle. If doing major mods, please confirm in this thread its ok though.
Rules are:
*People will get it in the order you respond in. First to respond is the first to get it.
*Shipping can go anywhere in the world so keep that in mind.
*Please post a picture of its state when you get it when you ship it out.
*You can keep it for a period of 3 weeks max.

20230318_182044.jpg

20230318_182102.jpg

Heres some pics of it. Hasnt got a handle yet but ill throw one on before i ship it out.

Excited to hear your responses!

Would have loved to try another knife again from you but if it's going to the US first I'm out, too problematic regarding customs.
Maybe next time.
Nice one Timo.

I would love to be in this one but I won't be in US for a couple month, hope those who participate have some fun.

Tho personally I think it makes more sense to circulate in Europe first tho, since you are located in Netherlands, alot of European members are probably asleep when this was posted.

Oh right, makes sense yeah. Always forget about the taxes and stuff because i never get them.
I already have another passaround going on in the EU now, so i thought it might be nice to give the us guys a chance too. Though i suppose if there arent too much eu guys we can do eu first.
Maybe should have thought this through better hah.
Ill wait until tomorrow afternoon or something to see which eu folks are interested

Looks great! I’d like to give it a go. I’m in US.

Hey, i had a busy period with school but i found some time to throw on a handle. My appologies for the delay.
It is important to note that this handle was thrown togheter in 15 minutes, and is literal scrap wood. It is not up to standards in terms of f&f. However, just to reiterate, the point of this PA is that the knife will (hopefully) transform slowly as it goes to more and more people. So im hoping someone is feeling like making a nicer handle;)
I have stamped the blade with NFS, NOT FOR SALE, just to be sure. The knife is 100% functional, just not up to standards for sales.
Its going to the first person asap!

edit: the handle is just hot glued on btw, so to take it off you can just heat it up.

Attachments

• 20230426_142731.jpg
    20230426_142731.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230426_142738.jpg
    20230426_142738.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230426_142811.jpg
    20230426_142811.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230426_142818.jpg
    20230426_142818.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
So i just got a phone call, turns out the package is lost before it even got to the first person😒. Ill see if i can get a new knife made to at least give everyone a chance to test a knife of mine.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
F**king hell
sorry for your loss man.

I hope they pay you good for that.

Back