Has Wusthof missed the boat?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after getting japanese knives, i would never buy a wusthof ever again.

=D

No soul, no history

Then you shouldnt be looking at the americans either.

What that have to do with anything? I always thought when you run a business one of your goals is to make your brand strong and recognizable.
Im not sure, but I think Wusthof Trident is like 150 years old as a brand?
So much so for no history.

Recently I could admire a display with two complete series: the Classic and the Classic Ikon. At the distance of some 80cm I could see, that almost no tip was properly ground, and most grinding was uneven.

Their bread knife is right behind the tojiro and Mac but double the price but the knife itself is solid. Also fit and finish is a ton higher than a lot of the j knives but I'll stick to j knives except their bread knife

Then you shouldnt be looking at the americans either.

What that have to do with anything? I always thought when you run a business one of your goals is to make your brand strong and recognizable.
Im not sure, but I think Wusthof Trident is like 150 years old as a brand?
So much so for no history.

+1

When I owned an Ikon chef's knife I didn't think it was bad by any stretch.

Wusthof was making chef's knives before their was such a thing as a "gyuto".

I used consumer reports when looking for a car.Looking at that Knife chart forget it.Alot of what is written in this thread is my experience as well.The stores like Macy's,Several Mall Kit. stores main knives they carry are Henckels,Wusthof,Shuns, & Ceramics.

The Kitchen supply store carries Forchners,most cooks in Hawaii use Forchners & increasingly J- knives.I got my first Masamoto Carbon in 1983 after that my Forchners just collected dust.

Chad Ward wrote a book called(An Edge In The Kitchen)which is the similar to insights in this thread.To me it is EDUCATION.

I like Japanese cars; doesn't mean I don't pay attention when a dodge challenger srt pulls up....

I'm just waiting for Wusty to make their "challenger".

I like Japanese cars; doesn't mean I don't pay attention when a dodge challenger srt pulls up....

I'm just waiting for Wusty to make their "challenger".

I've seen the new Camero's on the road here,look pretty cool.I drive a Honda,installed a short throw shifter,Spoon Exaust,my Honey says I'm like a punk kid senior citizen:scratchhead:

Marko 240 in 52100, taller and thicker.
If there ever comes one up, I want it.

I want to be surprised. I really do.

Latest posts

Back