Hasegawa FSR/FRK cutting board vs Hinoki board

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I was recommended to get a Hasegawa FSR/FRK cutting board or a Hinoki cutting board. Anyone have thoughts which one is better? Or any differences between the two ? it will be used for sg2 and german knives

I think you're overthinking it. If you're budget constrained you don't have to go all the way to the top end. I don't know what you have now but it's not like you can't cut on any normal cheapish wooden cutting board of an appropriate wood.

I tried several board, cheap pe, asahi, FSR hasegawa, hi-soft, hinoki, endgrain.

My favorite still hasegawa, you can cut on any cutting board, but cutting on good quality makes different with the cutting feeling & edge retention. 😬

I tried several board, cheap pe, asahi, FSR hasegawa, hi-soft, hinoki, endgrain.

My favorite still hasegawa, you can cut on any cutting board, but cutting on good quality makes different with the cutting feeling & edge retention. 😬
which type? when i looked it up on mtc kitchen there were so many different options for hasegawa

ah, a video i was watching said that FSB was their favorite. do you know that one?
My friend have the FSB, I asked hasegawa founder before, FAN is harder than FSR, but if you're planning to cut heeps of cook meat, FAN is better because brown colour.

FRK is 4 layer, but ideally for home user.

For professional chef, FSR is better.

Back