Haslinger and the site not to be named

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshstar

Reaction score
Hi

On the site not to be named it states that Haslinger knives are for " the experienced cook " what exactly is this code for please ?

Alan

That's code for "if you want people to think you're an experienced cook." Seriously, the one I tried was not a bad knife. I just wouldn't want one.

It means they are $500. And you can totally say CKTG, or Chef Knives To Go. It's not Voldemort. There's just no linking.

Actually, it's OK to say "Voldemort" too, just takes some guts is all.

I like Haslinger's grind lines. Graceful and kind of hard to do.

One thing is for sure, you won't confuse Haslinger's design with anybody else's. He also puts a wicked pointy tip on his blades.

The Haslinger knife that I tried a while back was a beautiful knife. Gorgeous lines and great build quality. The edge profile just didn't suit me though.

Build quality or design? The passaround knife was a very pretty thing - it just wasn't so great in-use for me. It got a few comments from folks in my class at the time, but they were commenting on looks only.

I'm with Len on this one. I liked the knife a fair bit, and loved how it looked. You can tell Thomas puts some pride and talent into his work, for sure. If you like an ultra pointy tip, a shallower blade profile and a knife that cuts better than a Euro knife, but doesn't feel like a laser, they are very nice knives.

Back