hat KD's

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
I know there's been some interest as of late. A newb has two posted on the BST over @ KF.....

Hopefully its kosher to have ousted this here.....

That was supposed to say posted but my autocorrect chose ousted, which funilly still works.

I like that "and just a little bit extra for demand's sake." Right, that extra $500.

ah, i saw that thread and ran here to post it, but inevitably beaten to it. Quite a premium being asked for, will be interested if they sell

For the sake of reference i paid $1100 for my 210 from Salty, which took a lot of thinking about, and i've done without buying coffee ever since to pay for it......

For the sake of reference i paid $1100 for my 210 from Salty, which took a lot of thinking about, and i've done without buying coffee ever since to pay for it......

AND I am sure Salty didn't give it up with a chip in it like this person. Hey, I wish him/her luck if someone is willing to pay for it.

Deal breaker for me, haha.

Haha, yeah it's been a hardship, just did a quick calc and i reckon i'm finished end of this month. Now the decision is Custom or Coffee.......

Ya, well, you guys have expensive coffee, so.................

Deal breaker for me, haha.
Deal breaker for me too. Coffee only since 1989. Got to have my coffee. If the KD was a santoku I would be tempted, but as it is just bought two knives this week already.

I wouldn't want a 210 Gyuto but I would like the petty. Then I could have Dave re-handle it for me. :D

I wouldn't want a 210 Gyuto but I would like the petty. Then I could have Dave re-handle it for me. :D

Ditto on the petty. If I hadn't bought two knives this week already I would offer on it.

@#%#%. Been waiting forever for a KD... so tempted but the price is just...

I just got a PM from him and he is looking at $1,700 for the 210 alone, but really wants to sell them as a pair. I'm out on this one, but will continue looking for my KD.

k.

That makes the petty "only" $600, which is a good price given the rarity. The $1700 for the gyuto is the kicker... Wonder if he would do the pair for $2000... But I would rather wait on a san mai from burke... decisions decisions...

A person could get a lot of knife for 2300.

I just got a PM from him and he is looking at $1,700 for the 210 alone, but really wants to sell them as a pair. I'm out on this one, but will continue looking for my KD.

k.

Geez. Get someone to buy the petty and try to talk him down on the package deal?

PS....$1700 got me my Devin Spicy White gyuto, Dave Martell sujihiki and a Marko gyuto...with room to spare.

PS....$1700 got me my Devin Spicy White gyuto, Dave Martell sujihiki and a Marko gyuto...with room to spare.

This really helps put things in perspective.

Still, the petty alone for $600 doesn't seem too outrageous (relatively speaking of course) if you have always wanted a KD in your collection.

I'll be interested to see what happens...

I can think of about twenty or thirty other knives I'd go for first for better value... not that that helps. Just saying, all the things that DT or Pierre or Marko or Del or Dave could do for 2k would be pretty special... just saying.

I've decided to pass. I managed to get his parer, and yes I have a gap in my life that needs to be filled with something from Devin, Burke, Radar and Marko (odd, I am getting them in the reverse order of what I put down).

The big thing that swung it for me was that I remembered that Hattori was a virtual unknown for kitchen knives in Japan (unlike Shigs for example). Export brand was the closest descriptor. If HDs/KDs are something made for the export (nominally american) market, I would rather pay for an all american custom. Just thinking out loud.

Guess I just saved $2.3K.

Just cannot see that price, the knife just does not look that great.

210 gyuto is not exactly a classic size either, $1700 for that, no way.

Give it to Devin and ask him for a Chevron damascus !!

Alan

The current prices on EE and JCK probably haven't been changed in many years, as these have not been in stock for a long, long time.

DT, Carter, Takeda, Moritaka, Misono- to name a few- have all had 33%++ price increases recently.

PLUS, you will never get a new KD again.....

I wont be surprised to see these continue to grow in price over the years.

Back