• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hatsukokoro Inazuma AS iron-clad 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Delat

Dazed & Confused
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asking $275 USD for this Hatsukokoro Inazuma (tr: “lightning”) in Aogami Super clad with soft iron. CONUS shipping included, along with original box.

Weight: 189g
Cutting edge length: 9 3/8” by my measuring tape, about 238mm
Spine measurements: 3.0mm at ferrule, 2.3mm above choil, 1.8mm midway, 1.3mm 1” from tip
Handle: custom from RealSharpKnife. I think Tamarind and something else I can’t recall

I’ve only used this knife a few times, mainly because I generally stick with shorter gyutos so it’s been gathering dust for months. I’ve touched up the edge lightly on a 4k stone at 15dps a couple times. I mainly cut proteins in order to develop a blue patina, which worked really well IMHO - as you can see in the pics the damascus has taken a really stunning, subtle blue patina that doesn’t even look like patina until you notice the lighter, more silver-colored original kasumi near the heel.

The blacksmith for the Inazuma is kept secret, but is generally believed to be Tomoo Matsumura who runs Tojiro Atelier. Tojiro Atelier is a “luxury” branch of Tojiro where one blacksmith works on a blade from start to finish. Matsumura trained with Kazuomi Yamamoto of Yoshikane, hence the similaties to Yoshikane in the overall look and grind.
BLACKSMITH: TOMOO MATSUMURA [TOJIRO]

The Inazuma has all the bling - nashiji, tsuchime, kurouchi, kasumi, damascus, and a mirror-polished core. It sounds crazy, but in photos and in person it all works really well. Kanji also looks hand-chiseled.

40A099D4-BA8C-43FF-897F-F9214AEC30FE.jpeg

3535DB03-B979-4AE2-9E26-6C8564CA7CD7.jpeg

A93AA48C-1B59-44BD-B185-99C8FD978C4E.jpeg

9DDAF1CB-7AE5-4B65-9581-65F028E50909.jpeg