Hattori KD 240 Gyuto Glamour Shots

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khashy

Reaction score
I’ve not posted glamour shots previously but I was taking some shots for Instagram and they came out looking decent, so I thought I’d share here too

oD0Oj32.jpeg

8KMAYZb.jpeg

fmkhdHh.jpeg

O43J4LR.jpeg

EfxvuB7.jpeg

HRbphlB.jpeg

vXQnqPd.jpeg

EFObK41.jpeg

9jfIoJo.jpegIMG]

Beautiful knife, are you using it? If so, what do you think?

Beautiful knife, are you using it? If so, what do you think?

This one is unused, however I have used a KD gyuto before and I can confirm that it’s actually a very good cutter. It is a pretty thin blade, not a laser but a thin middle weight. I did like the profile and it certainly is gorgeous to look at. Most importantly for me, the balance was slightly handle biased - I’d have preferred blade bias or neutral but that was a shorter blade, with this 240, the balance is spot on.

This one is unused, however I have used a KD gyuto before and I can confirm that it’s actually a very good cutter. It is a pretty thin blade, not a laser but a thin middle weight. I did like the profile and it certainly is gorgeous to look at. Most importantly for me, the balance was slightly handle biased - I’d have preferred blade bias or neutral but that was a shorter blade, with this 240, the balance is spot on.
I have the KD santoku which I use very frequently, it's a great all purpose knife. Been trying to get a 210 gyuto for years now with no luck :( funny, I don't think of it as a thin blade, but certainly not thick.

Thanks guys, I'd always heard they cut well but i realize most aren't being used.

Triple post? Not sure how but apologies...

Last edited:
Such an awesome looking knife, I would've loved to own one and use it shame they stopped producing these!

Thanks guys, I'd always heard they cut well but i realize most aren't being used.
I never understood that why have such a great tool and not use it? Even a beautiful Kramer knife, I don't see the point of owning it just to put on display or keep in a drawer. I love most things about the KD series and do hope to get my hands on a 210 one day which will be used as one of my primary knives at home

Latest posts

Back