Hattori KD...why all the hype?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol some people would spend the kind of money on that. Lol

It's a collectors item and prices are now based on irrational supply and demand issues... it just takes one person willing to pay whatever price...

Didn't he make a huge amount of hunting knives? I'm just guessing they are not as rare.

Be honestly I feel compared shigefusa kato and hattori. Hattori wasn't that great smiths.

Hattori is not a traditional kitchen knife maker- he had a great style with fighting and hunting knives-I still like and use the fh series- but over the years my tastes evolved to more the traditional styles...

In my mind. The shigefusa western is one of highest standard. Cause the handle and blade is one piece. Lol

I believe my old Henckels are like you describe and they kInda' suck.

Lol hahahah they are different. Shigefusa is forged by hand in to one piece include bolster. But heckle is cut from one steel. And just welding the bolster to the blade. So that just cheap labor.

Since this thread is about Hattori, I'll just add that Shiges and Hattoris are both over-rated imo...and I too would prefer a Shig but with rat tail tang w/ Shig ho wood handle vs super small handled (read uncomfortable) western style.

Back