Heiji direct

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean from order to shipping confirmation? Heiji was pretty spot on from what they estimated for me. They actually were about one and half weeks behind the estimate because he was not happy with the first handle that he had sourced for me. In my case, I placed my order at the very end of November, expected ETA was the end of January. I received my knife FEB 9th. I live in Tokyo so shipping was overnight.

FWIW, I have been very happy with the non-burnt chestnut handle.

Do you mean from order to shipping confirmation? Heiji was pretty spot on from what they estimated for me. They actually were about one and half weeks behind the estimate because he was not happy with the first handle that he had sourced for me. In my case, I placed my order at the very end of November, expected ETA was the end of January. I received my knife FEB 9th. I live in Tokyo so shipping was overnight.

FWIW, I have been very happy with the non-burnt chestnut handle.
got it, I ordered early January. I guess I'll have to be patient a little while longer :)

Not complaining but my heiji custom direct order is almost at 6 months and I haven’t heard back from Nakaya. But I’m not in a hurry so it’s fine.
Didn’t realize at the time of placing the order that western gyutos were an option. Does anyone know if he will do the complete western handles? Or is this something where you have to get a custom handle scales etc completed on your own?

Last edited:
6 months and counting? Wow! What did you order?
Old school Forum member ordered a custom line knife 210mm from heiji that was patterned after sabatier. I requested same but 240mm size. Totally understandable if this sort of request takes extra time.

Attachments

• 0830A058-78ED-46A3-9634-AF3BBD43DF65.png
    0830A058-78ED-46A3-9634-AF3BBD43DF65.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
What are the differences between the Special Swedish steel and the Semi-Stainless? Do they cost the same? Will he do KU finish on both? Also does anyone know what he charges for his Nakiri? I've seen some here but I don't see it anywhere on his site?

What are the differences between the Special Swedish steel and the Semi-Stainless? Do they cost the same? Will he do KU finish on both? Also does anyone know what he charges for his Nakiri? I've seen some here but I don't see it anywhere on his site?
A 165 KU nakiri in Swedish steel was 19800 JPY when I asked him by the end of last year. I ended up not ordering due to other reasons.

I don’t know if prices are exactly the same for both steels but I think there isn’t a significant difference. Others here can give you a better idea. His prices are great regardless.

Special steel is iron cladded, Semi Stainless is stainless cladded

Not complaining but my heiji custom direct order is almost at 6 months and I haven’t heard back from Nakaya. But I’m not in a hurry so it’s fine.
Didn’t realize at the time of placing the order that western gyutos were an option. Does anyone know if he will do the complete western handles? Or is this something where you have to get a custom handle scales etc completed on your own?
There.

curious for this as well. I assumed all of his cladding was stainless (based on what is sold at JKI).
His semi-stainless is stainless clad.

His carbon is iron clad.

Kurouchi is optional on both.

Damascus, eh. Ask nicely under a full Fuji moon? 🤷‍♂️

Back