Quantcast

Heiji Sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

G-rat

Reaction score
Anybody own one? Any thoughts? The profile looks a little broader than many sujihiki. And Jon only has the 210 available so that's a little different anyways.

Thoughts on the knife from anyone who has one?

mattrud

Reaction score
I own a 240mm that I got from Jon. I love it. I use it for a wide variety of tasks. I owned a tadatsuna suji before this. They are two completely different knives in every way and in almost every way I prefer the Heiji. I even broke a 20lb Buri with this the other day.

mattrud

Reaction score
yep, The steel really is very very nice

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
I handled one at Jon's shop a few months back. I wanted to buy Matt's on the spot. It's still on my list of wants. The problem is I also want a Heiji honesuki and it would feel wrong to have a "set" of Heijis... It is a lovely steel to sharpen. I get excited just thinking about it... Don't judge me, lol.

G-rat

Reaction score
The problem is I also want a Heiji honesuki and it would feel wrong to have a "set" of Heijis... It is a lovely steel to sharpen. I get excited just thinking about it... Don't judge me, lol.
That's a PROBLEM?!!! I've never even seen one in person and I want that!

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
That's a PROBLEM?!!! I've never even seen one in person and I want that!
Haha. It's only a problem, if you don't have all the funds to get all the goodies you want...or if you just got a big knife block and you're already running out of slots...or if your wife thinks you're addicted...

Citizen Snips

Reaction score
Haha. It's only a problem, if you don't have all the funds to get all the goodies you want...or if you just got a big knife block and you're already running out of slots...or if your wife thinks you're addicted...
at least we all have the same 'problems' around here. its kinda like a support group

SpikeC

Reaction score
"The support group from hell", as another list that I'm on is known.

mattrud

Reaction score
Yea I have been thinking about getting a Heiji gyuto just because I love my Suji so much. A las I am still waiting on 5 knives on 5 knives I have had on order for a bit of time now. I really love the semi-stainless steel and the knife just has this feel to it.