Hello and Happy New Year from California

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to step my foot in the door for this great forum. I happened to stumble upon a cutlery store couple of weeks ago. I didn't expect such a rabbit hole when the store lady told me to watch out for the deep dive. I am now deep in the hole and don't know whether there is a bottom. I guess there isn't, some will say, but will definitely enjoy the fall.
I have always admired Japanese knives and went to Japan a couple of times in the past. At that time I even visited Shigeharu. Unfortunately he did not have any knife made by him to sell to me. Since visiting this website, now I know I should have tried much harder to get one of his while I was there. Next time the agenda will be different when we go to Japan.

Anyway, happy New Year to all of you great people.

Thank you for the tip. I am in Northern Cali but does go down to LA once in a while. I already made a mark on Google map for Japanese Knife Imports. Will be exciting to visit there. Here in Nor Cal Bernal Cutlery at the new location is also amazing.

Yes, Bernal cutlery is great. Their SF location is having a sale today and tomorrow, unfortunately I'm not in the area or I wouldve been there

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the nice introduction!
I can recommend JKI wholeheartedly, if I lived somewhere in CA, I‘d be in my car right now. I have three of their sharpening stones, all excellent. His knowledge, passion, and the customer service is top notch.

Back