Hello fellow knife (esp. nakiri) lovers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DCE91EC0-9806-4D33-B4B2-37613626F7CA.jpeg

almost impulse purchased this 195mm tf mabs nakiri today. Please buy this to save me from the temptation

View attachment 122168

almost impulse purchased this 195mm tf mabs nakiri today. Please buy this to save me from the temptation

Thanks man. Another kind KKFer messaged me recently showing me both his 165mm and 195mm denka nakiris - just to give me the wonderful news that he has two and he doesn't want to sell me either. 😬 The bastard.

Also, yeah don't buy that one.
Order one with red pakkawood and a higher heel height direct instead! 😃

First time I heard someone saying this so definitely, it was @dafox IIRC. Somewhere one year ago or so.

Now who's the real Slim Shaddy that first made this heretic declaration? IDK...

But I tend to veer away of these too and totally agree, with a forced concession made for Y. Tanaka. Monosteel/SS Clad for the win!

Thanks man. Another kind KKFer messaged me recently showing me both his 165mm and 195mm denka nakiris - just to give me the wonderful news that he has two and he doesn't want to sell me either. 😬 The bastard.

Also, yeah don't buy that one.
Order one with red pakkawood and a higher heel height direct instead! 😃

when does a tall denka nakiri stop being a nakiri and start self-identifying as a chuka:p

Can we trick tf into making a denka chuka by telling him to make a really really tall nakiri

Can we trick tf into making a denka chuka by telling him to make a really really tall nakiri

haha...I have tried...the answer is no...with the nashiji line anyway

I would like a 195x80 with yo handle to mess around with, but I don't have the 1k+ to dump on a custom like that.

Welcome to the forum. I do like nakiris that I absolutely love, a white steel clad 159 mm ( you can see it in this thread Carter Nakiri ) andthat is light, nimble, easy to sharpen, incredibly thin behind the edge, great at food release, holds an edge for a long time and it is lovely to hold and use and it happens to be my first custom. The second one is a Tilman Leder Niolox Damascus 190 mm nakiri that can handle anything, it is truly rare and beautiful, perfect F&F, perfectly well balanced and worth the wait as Tilman’s work is a dream, and it happens to be my last custom. You can see it in this thread Tillman Nakiri

I think you’ll like it here, @nakiriknaifuwaifu. BST is a great place to buy and sell knives, once you have enough posts to do so, and there are even some KKF “massdrop” group buys that you could try to get in on. It seems like they decide randomly who gets to participate, so even someone new like you probably has a shot.

Also, good luck maintaining your nakiri love. Everyone here eventually turns into a gyuto whore.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back