Hello from a knife novice in search of wisdom!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homesicktexan

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I’m here in hopes that I can glean a bit of knowledge from those more learned than I. I’m on the hunt for my first fine quality kitchen knife and I’ve become rather overwhelmed trying to figure out what the right direction is for my needs. Hopefully, you lovely folks here won’t mind helping me out!

I am categorically a home cook; albeit, an avid one. There’s not much I wouldn’t rather make myself, if only for the joy of it and I’ve learned enough through kitchen catastrophe to feel confident trying just about anything. I’d like to find a soulmate slice’n’dice partner that will fight by my side for many years to come and become better educated on how to care for it in return. This seems like a good place to start!

Thanks!!!

Welcome! You're in the right place. For caring practice and getting to know stuff I suggest diving into the second hand market. You might even come across a gem. Been doing that myself for a while now :)

Welcome aboard!
Don't forget there's a huge archive here. The best way of approaching it is not with the site's search function, but with Google's 'site:'-function.
Search
site:kitchenknifeforums.com term1 and term2

Have fun!

Welcome! You're in the right place. For caring practice and getting to know stuff I suggest diving into the second hand market. You might even come across a gem. Been doing that myself for a while now :)
This is a great idea and one that I had not thought of. Thanks!

Welcome aboard!
Don't forget there's a huge archive here. The best way of approaching it is not with the site's search function, but with Google's 'site:'-function.
Search
site:kitchenknifeforums.com term1 and term2

Have fun!
Thank you! I will do that.

Back