hello from Brazil

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys
hello from brazil!
this site is great help for my seak of knowlodge and understanding more about artisan japanese knives,
home cooking is my hobby and knives is becoming more and more!:)
starting my own collection of knives and count with your help!:)

dear marcelo
cooking is a therapy, a hobby, a passion!
starting my knife collection so far a couple of tsukasa hinoura, Kato WH, Ashi honyaki, some masamotos (ks 240 was my first knife!), Mazaki.
starting my hunt for unicorns :)

Hi Adrian,

Pls intro yourself in english, does not have to be perfect english - in fact it seldom is......

Welcome, Dave

Hi Adrian,

Pls intro yourself in english, does not have to be perfect english - in fact it seldom is......

Welcome, Dave

Hi Dave,

I´m Adriano, also from Brazil, Sao Paulo.

I was first thanking Joao lourenco for his great selection of knives. I started buying japanese knives last year, and is a one way street, no way back from that.

I'm not a chef and don't work at restaurants, I'm a home cook on my free time and work with barbecue parties and events all over the country (Brazil). That's how I started to search for better knives, how to sharpen them, and all the stuff that comes with that.

This forum is great for my seek for knowledge and tips on which knives to pursue. Just got 2 new j knives this week and will post them as soon as them arrive.

I thank all you guys in this community, great place to follow and learn.

Welcome to the forum Adriano. Feel free to post pictures, lots of pictures of dealing with beef. "Brazilian" steakhouses are trending here in the states - makes me hungry thinking about them.

Hi Adrian,

Welcome, Dave
True that. It seldom is perfect... even from native English speakers! :rolleyes:

Edit: It might be safer talking about knives in English. Portuguese for knife is faca!
(And yes, it's pronounced just like that!) Makes us a bunch of porcas de faca.

Last edited:
Back