Hello from Breaking Bad land

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Sorrell

Reaction score
I'm from Albuquerque. Caught the kitchen knife bug recently and just yesterday bought a 210mm Koishi Gyuto as my first knife. I'm looking to do more research within this online community as well hopefully find some great deals.

my wife is a fan of the green chile. if i had to choose because my life depended on it i'd choose green as well.

I'm in NM, too (Cedar Crest). Green most of the time, unless you're at Duran's where red is king. Check out Shi-Han knives. He's in Santa Fe. Great guy, super-premium knives.

Depends on my mood. My Japanese wife prefers green but also likes red as long as you have an over easy egg on it. (I get chile powder shipped from family all the time)

I’m originally from southwest New Mexico, a small town near Silver city. So every year we would drive to hatch and load up or dedicated freezers for green chile. Then later do the drive again for the sacks of red.

But yeah check bout shi Han as others have said.

Depends on my mood. My Japanese wife prefers green but also likes red as long as you have an over easy egg on it. (I get chile powder shipped from family all the time)

I’m originally from southwest New Mexico, a small town near Silver city. So every year we would drive to hatch and load up or dedicated freezers for green chile. Then later do the drive again for the sacks of red.

But yeah check bout shi Han as others have said.
Hey, for the record, I'm not anti red! I'm always loaded up with my Barker's chili pods!
20191105_204241.jpeg

I never knew about Shihan. Those are some cool knives. I’m interested in the Petty but looks to be sold out at the moment.

I never knew about Shihan. Those are some cool knives. I’m interested in the Petty but looks to be sold out at the moment.
Email him. What he posts on his website and what he has in stock are two different things. I honestly can't say enough good things about the wrought iron/white 2 I got from him.
20191105_205000.jpeg

I have a Shihan petty, 135mm in 52100, that I'm not using and could sell.
It is a beautifully made knife. PM if interested...
P1050018.JPG

Back