Hello from California!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bleungzorz

Reaction score
Always had an account here to lurk, but finally getting passionate about knives. Looking to add to my Tojiro DP and Wusthof Classic knives!

Welcome to the forums.

North or South Cali?

You can get some advice about which knives deserve your attention by going to the "Kitchen Knife" forum, finding the "which knife should I buy" questionaire (it's a sticky thread pinned to the top of the thread list). Copy the questionaire and paste it into a new thread called something like "Which knife should I buy". Answer the questions (it helps if your answers are in bold or a different colour) and wait for the collective wisdom of the forums to reach you.

Welcome to the forums.

North or South Cali?

You can get some advice about which knives deserve your attention by going to the "Kitchen Knife" forum, finding the "which knife should I buy" questionaire (it's a sticky thread pinned to the top of the thread list). Copy the questionaire and paste it into a new thread called something like "Which knife should I buy". Answer the questions (it helps if your answers are in bold or a different colour) and wait for the collective wisdom of the forums to reach you.

South; Los Angeles. Thanks for the help.

Greetings from the Bay Area!

Greetings!

One of our forum sponsoing vendors is JKI. I think that they are in Beverly Hills. Definitely worth the visit once the CV19 situation allows.

Hell, KKF members from halfway round the world plan a trip to JKI when they are travelling to the 'States. If we are ever allowed to travel again, I guess.

One of our forum sponsoing vendors is JKI. I think that they are in Beverly Hills. Definitely worth the visit once the CV19 situation allows.

Hell, KKF members from halfway round the world plan a trip to JKI when they are travelling to the 'States. If we are ever allowed to travel again, I guess.

And here I was booking tickets to Japan to buy knives. I didn't know this place existed!

And here I was booking tickets to Japan to buy knives. I didn't know this place existed!
I'm not sure if you are a sharpener (yet), but the JKI sharpening series is a commonly recommended intro to freehand sharpening. And for good reason. It's how I kicked off my freehand sharpening journey.

If I encounter a problem with sharpening, I'll often use the series to review and analyse my technique to see if I'm making a basic error.

You can access it via the JKI website or just search YT for "JKI sharpening series".

Back