Hello from Louisiana

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roldogg

Reaction score
I recently joined this forum to see and learn more about blade polishing and see what types of finishes most people like. I’ve been making my own knives lately, mostly my own knife handles that I attach onto an already finished hand forged blade. I’ve been using kitchen knives my entire life, and having some woodworking experience, started producing my own handles for Western style full tang knives and Wa handles for hidden tang knives. Most of the blades I buy have been coming with a kurouchi finish, having being hand forged, so I’m looking to expand my knowledge to determine if people tend to enjoy a kurouchi finish or if people would rather a satin or a mirror finish on their blades. My next endeavor will be to grind my own bevels and material removal on different types of knives, all chef knives. I’m looking forward to learning a little more about the steel instead of just handle materials.

Good to have you! Originally from Louisiana here as well. I look forward to seeing your work!

IMG_0014.jpg
IMG_0015.jpg

Thank you! Here’s a picture of a Santoku knife I did for a friend of mine, and a picture of a new handle I made from spalted maple, stabilized, cast in resin, finished, then attached as knife scales. This was only an experiment but got my attention about trying other types of materials and finishes. I just started on a Wa handle today for a new blade I got.

Back