Hello from Melbourne, Aus

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northside

Reaction score
Hello,

Just checking in to get my first post under my belt. My name is Lucas, I'm a new member based in Melbourne, Australia. Hobby maker long-time lurker, etc.. I'm looking forward to getting some feedback on my work .also contributing what I can to help give back to the knife community.

I've added a few photos to show some of my recent work. Thanks for having me!

LWBR2939.jpg
LWBR3145-Edit-2.jpg
LWBR3790.jpg

Attachments

• LWBR3145-Edit-2.jpg
    LWBR3145-Edit-2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 23
  • LWBR2939.jpg
    LWBR2939.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 22
  • LWBR3790.jpg
    LWBR3790.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I see a new maker post, I think about more KKF Massdrops I could do 😈

Clean work on the peppercorn burl damascus, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Gents,

Seddonite here. I know next to nothing about knives. I enjoy them but the knowledge on this board blows my amateur interest away.

Either way: if you do happen to meet up give me a hoy.

Welcome.
Why have all the cool kids moved north? It seems every new restaurant that I am in to is North of the river.
Are there any southeast people around?

Bloody hell, we need some knife makers in Brissie!

Crack out the hammer and beltsander @Michi!

Hey! @juice... I had another look at your list for Queenslander blacksmiths. I noticed the Hounslows in Tassie were missing. Do you know about them? There is a fun ABC Conversations (Fidler is awesome) on the father: John Hounslow-Robinson. The son (Tom) has picked up the craft. Sounds like a beautiful part of the world to forge.

Hey @Kippington, @chefcomesback, @northside - I am sure the Oz bladesmith community is pretty connected... if you don't know about him, he sounds like a character! The podcast above is an enjoyable listen...

Welcome and it's great to see you on the forum Lucas. I am also a new joiner but been following your work on Instagram for several months already. Outstanding work!

I just moved to Australia couple of months ago and live in Preston now. Maybe catch you for a coffee or very good falafel sometime :)

Welcome and it's great to see you on the forum Lucas. I am also a new joiner but been following your work on Instagram for several months already. Outstanding work!

I just moved to Australia couple of months ago and live in Preston now. Maybe catch you for a coffee or very good falafel sometime :)

thanks mate! I’m a through-and-through A1 bakery boy myself!

Back