Hello from Norway

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinAV

Reaction score
Hi there!

Joining in from Bergen, Norway

Joining to get wiser on all the brands and steels of the knife world.

I've been looking for a new all-purpose knife for several months, but my head is filled with way too much information and not enough answers.

I'm a home cook, and I really enjoy Japanese technique with great Norwegian products, like our amazing seafood, great cheese and tasty root vegetables and different types of cabbage. I'm also a big fan of Italian and French food, but the elegance and respect of Japanese cooking is really intriguing.

As for knives I have one Victorinox regular chef knife and one Victorinox Santoku, so I'm in need of an upgrade. No sharpening skills either, so I am looking to start sharpening as well.

Anyways, more about that stuff later, thanks for having me!

Welcome to the forums Martin. You definitely came to the right place to get your questions answered.

Welcome, Martin.

You will find a lot of knowledge on such mattters here. You may want to start a "which knife should I buy" thread by copying and pating the questionairre (found as a sticky in general/kitchen knife forum) into a new thread in the general/kitchen knife forum.

Welcome Martin always nice to find some scands here, im a Swede. I started out sharpening on aogami steel knives 3 years ago, so just test the waters and try again

Do you have any webshops in Norway that sells japanese knives and possibly stones?

Welcome Martin. It is time for Japanese knives.

Do you have any webshops in Norway that sells japanese knives and possibly stones?
Thanks, mate!
We have a great selection on a website called Skarpekniver.
I posted a "Which knife should i buy?" in the forums, but still no reply. Maybe it's in the wrong place.

I dont know, i think you made the right thing. I bumped your thread

Latest posts

Back