Hello from Sydney

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enchappo

Reaction score
Hi all. I honestly thought of myself as a bit of a knife nerd, and then I came here and realised I didn’t know anything. Really looking forward to learning more from everybody.

Thanks guys! Nemo to answer your first Q, I'm in Maroubra.

In terms of 'good' knives, I have a Tsukiji Masamoto 300mm Yanagiba in blue#1, and a Masamoto Sohonten 165mm Deba in white#2. But I'm afraid all my daily drivers (Gyuto, Honesuki, couple of pettys) plus an Usuba that I never use are all the dreaded Shun :oops:.

Oh, and I’ve recently started playing around making some handles, so picked up some cheap blue#2 KU blanks from Ibuki. This is a one piece Budgeroo handle on a mini petty

Attachments

• F4C09CB8-BE0E-46DC-8536-9E5EAC59B8EC.jpeg
    F4C09CB8-BE0E-46DC-8536-9E5EAC59B8EC.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 17
G’day mate and welcome! You best take your Shuns and leave this forum and knife groups while you still have your money and your mind!

Otherwise, welcome to the rabbit hole and kiss your Shuns Goodbye!

G’day mate and welcome! You best take your Shuns and leave this forum and knife groups while you still have your money and your mind!

Otherwise, welcome to the rabbit hole and kiss your Shuns Goodbye!
Thanks mate! And yep, I’m starting to realise that 😳 … already spending waaay too much time perusing (salivating over) BST

Back