Help me spend my bernal cutlery credit

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheflife15

Reaction score
Looking to build a sharpening set up for my new job. Unfortunately money's tight but i have credit for bernal.

I have 215

I do have stones, i have
Naniwa 400, 1000, green brick 2 k , naniwa 5000

I like the 400 and 1000. Dont love the higher ones. Im willing to upgrade any and all stones though. Maybe ill leave a kit at work

Sharpening a wide variety of steels
Blue 2
Stainless
White 2
Aogami super

Last edited:
No worries man. The atoma 140 + kitayama 8000 would be a nice pickup if you're looking to move up. I'm not familiar with their ohishi brand unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure they sell the atoma without the stone holder in store, but I haven't been in the store in a few months now.

If you want a set to bring to work, the shapton pro 2000 might be decent enough of an edge in a pinch at work, and its splash and go. I've only used shapton pro 320, 1000 and 5000 and liked those

The ohishi are bester stones to the best of my information.

The atoma seems like a no brainer to me. After that I’m sort of out of help. I don’t know if they let you try out stones there but that’d be my suggestion.

Im not in the bay area. Any info on the bester stones? I wouldn't mind a decent 1 k stone for work.

Back