Help, the algorithm is spamming crap knives at me...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bert2368

Reaction score
Hellish frozen Northern wasteland, aka MN
Incognito mode stops Chrome from saving your browsing activity to your local history. Your activity, like your location, might still be visible to: Websites you visit, including the ads and resources used on those sites.

Incognito mode stops Chrome from saving your browsing activity to your local history. Your activity, like your location, might still be visible to: Websites you visit, including the ads and resources used on those sites.

Yeah, but the linking revolves around browser IDs kept in cookies, so close and open and you've just dumped all that crap. Add adblock and noscript and you remove even more of the linking.

And part of the trick is to use more than one browser - browse stuff in one browser, but only purchase in another to keep things like amazon from seeing your searches.

adblock plus and ublock origin is good. and then the usual privacy addons. like privacy badger, ghostery etc etc etc. then maybe an anti browser fingerprinting addon like canvasblocker.

Yeah, but the linking revolves around browser IDs kept in cookies, so close and open and you've just dumped all that crap. Add adblock and noscript and you remove even more of the linking.

And part of the trick is to use more than one browser - browse stuff in one browser, but only purchase in another to keep things like amazon from seeing your searches.

Yeah, but if you're using Chrome, Google can still link all your cookies. They are the biggest player in the ad tech market anyway.

Yeah, but if you're using Chrome, Google can still link all your cookies. They are the biggest player in the ad tech market anyway.

them and FB are the only two real players left.

it cannot be overstated how garbage these two companies are, though Google is just a municipal dump and Facebook is the dystopian scifi humans had to leave Earth because it was no longer inhabitable kind of dump

and duckduckgo as browser, almost the only way to escape from the matrix

I'd have to agree with this. DuckDuckgo is a great way to avoid trackers, scammers and those crappy Pakistani/ Chinese knives getting posted everywhere.

It isn't possible to have a hosts file on Android without root, but I've been adding the Blokada app (which mimics having a hosts file) to some of the solutions above, and it's saying it's been doing about 200,000 blocked items per month.

And of course there's the more "extreme" solution of ditching Facebook.

Actually the best solution. I lived most of my life without it.

I wish my friends and family in other states would stop assuming I must use Facebook to stay in touch, rather than bothering to call or email me.

Back