Help with Japanese Translation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danemonji

Reaction score
I have found some interesting pictures with Kato Knifes in a Japanese magazine called "The Perfect Book of Japanese Cooking Knives" (男が選ぶ日本の包丁) and i want to know what the text is saying in this picture. One of the Nakiri - the rightmost was recently traded on BTS. Can any Japanese speaking member help me translate the text? Thanks
Kato2.PNG

KatoText.PNG

Last edited:
It says that the rounded shape is found in the east side of Japan and called azuma-gata, and the sharpness of his nakiris made from the white steel has been admired by knife experts.

It’s a kanto style nakiri. I have that very knife, as in that actual one in the photo

Are you talking about the 150 Nakiri? Thats the actual one I traded on BST recently.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the 150 Nakiri? Thats the actual one I traded on BST recently.
yep, I just realised. I take that back. Not mine, but I know exactly who supplied the knives for the photos. I got a 150mm from that exact batch from the same guy.

what baffles me is who supplied the single bevels on the page before. It actually uses handles from KNS and James does not sell katos.

Back