• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD HHH 240mm (aeb-l, cryo) Gyuto w/ Huon Pine handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMan

Reaction score
HHH 240 (aeb-l, cryo) Gyuto. BNIB.

This was from Randy’s Christmas batch in 2019. Ran $400. Asking $375.

240mmx47mm, 182g
Classic laser proportions:
2mm above heel, 1.8mm mid, 0.7mm 15mm in front of handle

The handle is stabilized Huon Pine Burl (Australia)--absolutely beautiful, understated, with more hues than the pic shows and a little chatoyance (and still has a faint piney smell). Huon Pine is one of my favorite woods, all because of this handle—I had no idea that this wood even existed till Randy mentioned it :)

From Randy’s description:
“These are my 240mm AEB-L stainless steel Gyutos. Each has rounded spine and choil. Blades are approx 240mm tip to heel and approx 2.5mm thick at heel, tapering to the tip. RC is 61/62 They have been Heat treated and Cryo treated to bring everything that AEB-L has to offer to the table!
The knives will all have highly contoured (coke bottle) western full tang construction handles. with 3 pins (one mosaic).”

I kept this one on the back burner and, at this point, am settled on a couple lasers and don’t need more. So, hopefully this can go to a good stainless-loving home…
hhh 1.jpg
hhh handle.jpg

Last edited:
Back