Quantcast

HHH Damascus Pic.gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to tell you a bit more about Randy Jr. and myself.

Randy Jr. Is my 20 year old son. Last year he came to work with me in the shop and has been steadily learning and growing in his skill and ability's.. He runs the HOT side of my shop and does most of the damascus forging.

Myself, My name is Randy Haas, I started making Knives about 7 years ago. Like some I started with blade blanks and re handles. and one blade.. lead to 2, and so on..
Over the years I have added new and or better tools to my shop. and I always seem to be one tool away from having everything I want! :D

Fast forward to now, Im truly blessed to be able to work as a full time knife maker, Its my passion. And Having Randy Jr. working with me has been a dream come true.. Im a proud Papa!

Here are some pics of some of the steel that Jr. has forged over the last year. Enjoy.

HHH Custom Fighter 012.jpg

billets for sale 011.jpg

Mixed HHH knives 021.jpg

stuff 019.jpg

HHH Knives Folder and Hatchet combo 045.jpg

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
A couple more pics...

Most of these are not kitchen knives, But were working on that.. :)

Thanks for checking out the post.

Randy

1294341853-HHH_Custom_Knives_097.jpg

Feather with Ironwood 009.jpg

HHH Mosaic damascus blade 004.JPG

Ram Horn folder. HHH Knives 030.jpg

WIP 6 and Feather knife 008.jpg

171020_192010410810769_114314028580408_736156_598153_o.jpg

Feather billet for sale 016.jpg

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You two make some very cool damascus! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

SpikeC

Reaction score
I really love the patterns you guys are doing! I'm looking forward to making a knife with something like those at some point.

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I really do feel blessed to have my boy working with me and sharing in my passion.. Hes only been forging for a year!!

Were getting ready to start a couple custom orders. One Gyuto in a mosaic pattern and the other a 8 inch Western w a birds eye pattern. Ill be posting some WIP pics as soon as possible.

Randy

Mike Davis

Reaction score
Great looking stuff Randy(s)! You guys do make some really outstanding damascus! Thumbs up!

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. As I said, Randy Jr. has only been forging Damascus for a little over a year! And his progression has been very fun for me to watch. Im really proud of him, and love using the steels he makes.

Its a knife life!
Randy

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Good morning, I wanted to let ya know that we are offering damasucus billets forged to your specs. Many patterns to choose from mild to wild!

I plan on adding a damascus page to my web site in the near future for this.. But as of yet, I havnt gotten the web page set up. Till then, If you want to get something forged up for that special project.. feel free to get in touch with me.. You can do so through my web sites contact page. http://www.hhhcustomknives.com/contact-us/

Ill post this info again when I get the page up and running. I look forward to hearing from ya!

Its a Knife Life!
Randy

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
lol, when I clicked that link, there is a picture of a Damasteel knife. That's ironic.

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
LOL, The Irony! Thats one of the blades I rehandled a couple years ago.. I already know I really need to update the web site.. But thanks for the friendly reminder.. :)

Note to self.. :D

goodchef1

Reaction score
I think this is one of those where the son will eventually surpass the father, I see great potential for Jr.

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
I can only hope that is the case.. What more could or would a father want then for his son then to succeed! :)

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
HHH Knives Red Hawk

This is a custom order I just finished up.. Blade and bolsters are HHH Damascus with green mammoth tusk handles.. Mosaic pins and thorn and vine filework.

Thanks for looking

Randy

Mammoth ivory feather knife 066.jpg

Mammoth ivory feather knife 065.jpg

Mammoth ivory feather knife 072.jpg

Mammoth ivory feather knife 004.jpg

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Jr. has been working his magic again and forged me 2 new damascus patterns! :thumbsup:

Still working on the names of these, so far Im thinking, That the first one may be called Shock wave!!!! second one possibly Fireball!! No matter what I call em, there gona make some amazing awesome knives!!!! :wink:

Enough talking, here is some Steel photos.

HHH Damascus, Shock wave and fireball! 057.jpg

HHH Damascus, Shock wave and fireball! 039.jpg

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Here is one of my EDC style neck knives I finished up this morning. ..

Falcon neck knife, with talon carry system.

This one was a custom order with some of Jr's EXPOSION pattern damascus..

HHH Damascus, Shock wave and fireball! 013.jpg

Falcon in the morning sun! 007.jpg

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Shock wave damascus drop point hunter with spalted maple burl. With mirror polished stainless hardware. Check out the clouds reflecting off the pins in the second and third pic.. :)

Mike Davis

Reaction score
Man those new patterns are AWESOME! Knives are absolutely amazing.....Great job Randy's!!!

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, I appreciate the complement. Im really proud of Jr. and watching his skills develop over the last year has been awesome.. A prouder Papa you wont find!

We are currently taking orders for custom knives and or billets.. Anyone interested please email me at randy@hhhcustomknives.com I just noticed today that our web site is down. I have a call in to my friend and computer girl. :) With a little luck will be up and running again SOONER then later!!!

Its a Knife Life!
Randy

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Look what Jr. thew on my bench today.. Its our version of Spirograph pattern damascus.. He made this extra wide for me.. Its 2 3/8" wide and over 14" long and is 2.5mm thick Should be a EXCEPTIONAL looking knife!! :D

Andrew H

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial
Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow that is stunning!

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, This one is not spoken for yet.. Im sure its going to look amazing looking when completed..

Any suggestions as to blade profile?

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im looking for a blade profile for this sweet billet that I wont have to loose alot of the steel or pattern at the tip.. Any Suggestions?

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks, The billet is 14" long 2 3/8" wide and 2.5mm thick. pics above in last post with photos :)

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
~240 mm kiritsuke-style gyuto would probably maximize the use of the billet. If you weld on non-damascus for tangs (and I don't think that you do) you could make two ~175 mm usubas or nakiris.

99Limited

Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking a santoku would be a more mainstream choice and keep most of the steel at the tip.

HHH Knives

Founding Member
Reaction score
Thats a very good link to have.. I spent some time over there reading. Thanks for the link David.

Santoku would be a good choice.. But I was hoping to try something new and different.. Still thinking....