Hi, Dan here from Hong Kong

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome. Any favorite Hong-Kong'ish knives?

Hi everyone! thanks for welcoming -- I had no clue there were so many people here form HK.

@TRPV4 Thanks man, that would be great. I bought my first knife just a couple of days ago, but have no clue / no equip to keep my knives sharp and serviced. Not sure how to get started there as well without ruining the blade.

I’m far from qualified to teach anyone how to sharpen, except for absolute beginners @tchan001. If there’s a meetup, maybe you can play with my nats instead

@Dan E what knife did you end up getting?

I got the Yoshikane black damascus the other day. Beautiful knife so far, it is my first one. I attached some pics below
image0.jpeg

Would be great if we can have a session in Hong Kong! Absolute newbie here

Count me in for any meet up, Dan I’m jealous, I joined onSunday and got one welcome from the HK crowd courtesy Shirogami 😂

Me too! Got a customary welcome by staff...
Hope that we can make this work...

Also there are quite a few of you joining from HK, is anyone sending you guys over?

Virus, Work from home, cooking more at home.
Also, I am moving to my own place in a few months time.
Finally I have a proper workspace in my new kitchen, not the tiny A4 space for cutting in normal HK kitchens.

This forum consistently pops up in my researches, so I thought I should just join. Pretty Organic

After a few google searches for higher end Japanese knives/ independent makers you inevitably come across some forum discussion that covers most of the bases and then some. Clearly a lot of experts on the forum...so becomes natural.

Back