Hi From AU, also have question regarding stone code like PA,WA,FA,GC etc

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imag1ne

Reaction score
Hi,
Just get in to this hobby and found it so relaxing when I sharpen my knives, feels like im meditating.
Im a kitchen worker, cooking for a living, and just starting to sharpen my knives.
Currently have :
180mm Shibata Bunka
210mm Seisuke Gyuto
King 300 grit
Japan Whetstone Medium-finish whetstone] WA # 2000 Hard stainless steel knife-oriented type Size 205 x 75 x 25 from Knife-Gallery

and bunch of KIWI brand as my daily bench knife (its cheap so I dont mind if someone using it lol)

As I mention on the title, I have question about whetstone code, Im not really sure what does it means since I can not find a good information on google, hope experts can help me figuring out about this.

Thank you, have a good one

Welcome to the Forums.

From memory, Kiwis are made from a lowish carbon (0.2-0.4%) SUS steel, so are pretty soft. I guess that you get a bit of practice sharpening them?

Where abouts in Oz are you?

What sort of food are you cooking?

You can ask your Qn in the Shapening Station forum.

Welcome to the forum @imag1ne
Whetstone code. These are abrasive material such as:
Pink Alumina (PA)
White Alumina (WA)
Silicone carbide (SiC)
Green silicone Carbide (GC)

Welcome to the Forums.

From memory, Kiwis are made from a lowish carbon (0.2-0.4%) SUS steel, so are pretty soft. I guess that you get a bit of practice sharpening them?

Where abouts in Oz are you?

What sort of food are you cooking?

You can ask your Qn in the Shapening Station forum.
Yes , Kiwis are the best

Im based on Sydney.

Currently doing mediteranian cuisine

Welcome to the forum @imag1ne
Whetstone code. These are abrasive material such as:
Pink Alumina (PA)
White Alumina (WA)
Silicone carbide (SiC)
Green silicone Carbide (GC)
Thank you.
Where can I find more information about it ? , I mean whats the characteristic difference ?

Back