Hi from South Florida

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been lurking here for some time but finally decided to join so as to become a more active participant. I am the cook in my family, working with the same Henckel knives for the last two decades, but was impressed recently with a santoku that my son received for Christmas and have begun considering whether it might be time for me to upgrade my kit. I look forward to learning from the collective wisdom of this community.

Thanks for having me!
Patrick

Here is a great thread to give you lots of places to look around and see what's out there:

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/who-do-you-buy-from.52523/
And, when you want to start refining your selection, find the new knife questionnaire, fill it out and post it up. Folks are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Thanks for sharing this incredible albeit slightly intimidating resource! My interests lean toward the work of custom builders who seem to have proliferated in the last two decades when I wasn‘t paying sufficient attention.

Thanks for sharing this incredible albeit slightly intimidating resource! My interests lean toward the work of custom builders who seem to have proliferated in the last two decades when I wasn‘t paying sufficient attention.

There’s an incredible number of custom builders at all price (and skill) levels out there, so that’s a very fun area to investigate.

There’s an incredible number of custom builders at all price (and skill) levels out there, so that’s a very fun area to investigate.

I feel like I am embarking on quite the education, learning not only the properties of the various materials employed in knifemaking but the identities of the individuals most skilled in working with them.

Back