Hi from the little red dot!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpideyWeb

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Been a long time lurker and finally decided to join the forums. I’m from Singapore and a home cook. Been fascinated by sharp knives for as long as I can remember.

So up till a couple of years back, I have been using cheap knives and at one point I snapped and decided to research on sharp knives. Then I found a couple of resources online and started getting into knives of harder steel. First decent knife I got was MAC TH-80 (the chef knife without the bolster) which was way better than what I was used to but somehow I was not completely satisfied.

Then I found JKI. Love Jon’s videos and really love the Gesshin Ginga on first sight, and I caved and got the 240mm Gyuto stainless both in yo and wa handle. Love them both! Jon’s customer service was impeccable. Will definitely return for future purchases.

Now I am just trying to brush up on my knife sharpening skills and likely to go down the rabbit hole in knife collecting.

Nice to finally be part of this group and a chance to learn from you all!

Selamat datang/Hoan-gêng/Huêng-ngiêng/வாங்க!

What characterizes the knives of Singapore?

Everyone, many thanks for the warm welcome! Much appreciated!

Welcome to the forums! Wish I could spend more time in Singapore, the food is amazing.
Yeah, love the food range here indeed. Truly a “fried rice paradise “!

Welcome! You should grab some of Jon‘s stones as well!
I actually did get the Gesshin S&G 6000! Again, love it!

Selamat datang/Hoan-gêng/Huêng-ngiêng/வாங்க!

What characterizes the knives of Singapore?

I don’t know if there is an “official knife”. But we generally use the typical Asian vegetable cleaver or nowadays as we become more international, there are people who uses the classic french chef knives.

I myself love the Gyuto profile but must admit I am looking around for a decent CCK vegetable cleaver.

I don’t know if there is an “official knife”. But we generally use the typical Asian vegetable cleaver or nowadays as we become more international, there are people who uses the classic french chef knives.

I myself love the Gyuto profile but must admit I am looking around for a decent CCK vegetable cleaver.

Welcome! I love my cck 1102...

Are there any skilled local SG'an knife-makers? Maybe you could contact them about an upgraded clone of a CCK.

Back