Knives & Stones Hi KKF, I am back :)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkjames

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
I know I have been away from KKF for quite a while now and sometimes guys have a hard time try to reach me. Of course I can make up a ton of excuses, such as running a small business is hard, running the business on multiple locations is hard, and having a 7-year old and 2-year old doesn't help either, the list goes on.
However, Knives and Stones is fundamentally a geeky business that it's primarily customers are the professionals and kitchen knife enthusiasts. There is really no excuse for me to disappear from where you guys hang out: the KKF. A while ago, Angie sent me an email asking what is going on with me, then I finally realized that I have been gone for way too long. So I need to be back.

With your strong support, K&S has grown from a one-man operation to over 10 employees, with offices in both Australia and China. With guys on the ground helping me out, my main focus is now shifted from daily operations like packing orders, re-handling knives to product design, content creation and most importantly oversee the overall direction of K&S. In the coming days you will see me become more active on the forums, and spending more time writing about varies things knife (and non knife) related. For example I just wrote about my whisky hunting experience in this blog post.

Anyway, that is all from me for now, please feel free to reach me here.

James

Congratulations on growing your business! That's really great. Besides helping out a lot of your fellow knife enthusiasts you are also helping people earn a living and feed their families :cool:

Welcome back James!

With a location in China is there any chance of some cck or the like? ;)

Thanks guys!

@chinacats I am always confused by where the CCKs are made, never the less Shibazi has some good carbons, I will get the guys to look into it. To be honest I still have some random carbon cleaver here in Sydney, they never made it to the store though, haha.

Welcome back, James. Great to hear things are going so well @KnS !

It's always great to hear from you James. Congrats on having your business grow, you earned it. :)

Welcome back James. Sure glad you are back and the business is growing.

Welcome back! And if you're into Japanese whisky, would be delighted to have a discussion on that. I remember when Bennelong had the Yamazaki 25 and Hibiki 30 just in (chef had just returned from Japan) at $125 a dram. I ordered one for my partner (now wife) ... who blind tasted it and remarked "I like this!!!" and ordered a second...

It's our favourite whisky. We were engaged that evening.

Back