• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hideriyama Huge Koppa (from EU)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggy

Reaction score
Hi,

want to sell a huge koppa Hideriyama I bought a few years ago directly in Kyoto. Very homogeneous, nice feedback and gives a knife hazy finish. Flattened.

Dimensions: 290 x 170 x 35 mm

weight: 2,124 kg !!

Price: 250 USD (incl. shipping in the EU, int. shipping we can talk)

31749858fk.jpg

31749859gk.jpg

31749860mb.jpg

31749861gd.jpg

31749862du.jpg

31749864xv.jpg

Regards, Iggy

Ok these kind of prices I couldnt find even in Japan for this kind of quality...

that’s a steal for that big chunk of Hideriyama. Underrated stones.

Bump with lower price!!! --> 230 USD

Bump. Still avaiable. PM me regarding int. shipping. Willing to share int. shipping costs.

very tempting at the current exchange rate but I fear it's too early for me...all sharpening experience I have is from using some 2 and 3000 grit sandpaper to get my global to the level where I can slice microtomes coupes of stuff like tomatoes.

I'm not after mirror polished knives, ridicolously sharp will do..

A year ago the only thing I ever used was a coticule and a synthetic stone here and there to sharpen my tools and knives. I jumped right into jnats without ever having used them and I haven't regretted it a moment. Sometimes the best way to learn something new is to just do it. I think you'll find a soft Hideriyama like this one is very easy to use and it's a good introductory stone into jnats.

aaarghhh, now you're making it even harder... kidding, thanks for this info I'll PM Simon (just bought his Honoura few Nakiri days ago and LOVE it)

don't be shocked, just sent him a confirmation I want it. I just picked up a sharpening kit built around that stone, and a small shig gyoto :)
(man, does that knife feel right)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back