• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD High quality Takashima. *Price Drop*

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PalmRoyale

Reaction score
Here's a very nice Takashima for sale. It's not the biggest or the thickest but it's very clean and consistent. It's fairly hard for a Takashima, I'd say around HS52, so it definitely benefits from a light diamond slurry to help it get started. Once it does it keeps going very easily and it finishes in the 6k range. The edge has a nice bite to it and that makes it a good choice for a lot of kitchen tasks. The size is 185mm long measured in the middle, 69mm wide also measured in the middle and I've put the thickness at each corner in the first photo. Like I said, not a particularly big stone and not the thickest either but because it's on the harder side it will still give you a good amount of useful life. It's also a nice stone for a beginner.

The price is €105 or $120 which I think is fair for a smaller but high quality stone. Shipping is €13 within the EU and $28 to other parts of the world.

E0yYEaK.jpg

gfcKVcS.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck with sale PalmRoyale! The stone has an interesting shape.

This one won't sell. It would if I dropped the price even more but that's not happening. It's already a steal at this price.

Got you! You have many nice stones tho! Thank you for sharing your stones & stone experiences :)

Back