• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hinoura KU 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tostadas

Hobbyist / Craftsman
Reaction score
Hinoura KU 240mm, White #2 iron clad
Watanabe handle w/ horn ferrule

I got this one brand new as part of a great package deal from a fellow KKF member. Time to pass this on to make room for more fun stuff on the way.

I polished the blade road with finger stones to remove the original rough sand blast finish, but no alteration to any of the geometry. Also did a light etch with lemon juice while polishing, so the core steel is darkened, though it might be hard to tell from the photos.

Sharpened once on an aoto to put on an initial edge, and used twice at home. It has a Watanabe handle installed (spine is aligned straight with the blade unlike several stock Hinoura I've seen). The handle has 2 thin coats of Tru Oil for a bit of water resistance, and was buffed to give it a matte finish.

$230 shipped & insured CONUS (sorry no international)
Includes original box.

Dimensions
Blade length: 244mm
Height at Heel: 52mm
Weight: 229g

Spine Thickness
Heel: 3.5mm
Mid: 2.7mm
1cm from Tip: 0.9mm

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg