• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Hiromune Takaba, Oatley Gyuto [EU] PRICE DROP!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyjohnson

Reaction score
Selling a bunch of knives, since I could use some money for other projects. Knives are located in Germany, but I wont mind shipping worldwide.

Hiromune Takaba Miyabi 250 Gyuto

Made by the swordsmith Hiromune Takaba out of Tamahagane steel. Honestly a piece of art and japanese history. I haven't used it and it was sold to me as unused.
Bought it from an Aussie fella and had to pay customs and taxes on it.
That's why I'd have to get 2050€ 1900€ for it. (incl. PP and tracked and insured shipping in EU)

Stats:
Length (Heel to Tip): 259mm
Height at Heel: 55mm
Width at Heel: 3mm
Width at half Length: 1,9mm
Width 1cm from Tip: 1,2mm
Weight: 218g

Pictures:

SOLD! Shigefusa Kitaeji 240 Gyuto

This one is used but well maintained. I sent it to Greg (Wabocho) after i bought it, to get a custom handle (figured Bahia Rosewood) and Saya (also Bahia Rosewood) combo made. It is, imho, very nicely polished.
Price is 1300€ (incl. PP and tracked and insured shipping in EU)

Stats:
Length (Heel to Tip): 242mm
Height at Heel: 47mm
Width at Heel: 4,5mm
Width at half Length: 2,9mm
Width 1cm from Tip: 1,1mm

Pictures:

SOLD! Kiyoshi Kato Standard 240 Gyuto

A knife I've used quite a bit. The polish is far from perfect, although the original finish is already gone. So it could be the perfect base to put a nice kasumi polish on it. This also went to Greg, where he made a fitting saya to the existing custom handle. Both are made of masur birch.
Price is 1050€ (incl. PP and tracked and insured shipping in EU)

Stats:
Length (Heel to Tip): 230mm
Height at Heel: 47mm
Width at Heel: 5mm
Width at half Length: 2,8mm

Pictures:

SOLD! Mazaki Nashiji 240 Gyuto

Nothing much to say about this one, except that it has one of the nicest choil shots I've ever seen. It is BNIB, bought from Yoshihiro.
Price is 300€ (incl. PP and tracked and insured shipping in EU)

Stats:
Length (Heel to Tip): 249mm
Height at Heel: 53mm
Width at Heel: 5,6mm
Width at half Length: 3,5mm
Width 1cm from Tip: 0,8mm
Weight: 259g

SOLD! Mazaki Kasumi 240 Gyuto

This one is used, but only very little. Has some Patina on it. Only lightly stropped. Originally from KnS, it has a KnS ebony handle.
Price is 230€ (incl. PP and tracked and insured shipping in EU)

Stats:
Length (Heel to Tip): 245mm
Height at Heel: 53mm
Width at Heel: 5,3mm
Width at half Length: 2,9mm
Width 1cm from Tip: 1mm
weight: 274g

Pictures:

James Oatley 250mm Gyuto

This one is mirror polished and has a forged S-Grind. Has seen a little use, but nothing crazy. It's made from 12C27 stainless steel, has an ebony handle and comes with the original saya.
Price is 900€ 800€ (incl. PP and tracked and insured shipping in EU)

Length (Heel to Tip): 249mm
Height at Heel: 62mm
Width at Heel: 2,1mm
Width at half Length: 1,7mm
Weight:234g

Pictures:

Last edited:
If you have a chance and they haven't sold, could you share the weights of the remaining knives?

If you have a chance and they haven't sold, could you share the weights of the remaining knives?

Done!

That Hiromune is unbelievable. Lovely blade, GLWS

True. And the pictures don't even do it justice. Can't believe I'm selling this, since I went through a lot to get one...

I have one of the Yoshihiro Mazakis and it is a fantastic knife. GLWS!

Yeah, wouldn't be too sad if it stayed :)

Mazaki Nashiji sold!

I just noticed, that the Oatley pictures don't show up properly.
So here they are:

I don't want to flat out drop the price, but if you're interested in any of the knives, message me, maybe we can figure something out.
I'll offer the Oatley and Takaba together as a set for 2550€ (incl. PP and tracked and insured shipping in EU).
Here's a closeup video of the blade of the Takaba. Sadly the colors are a bit cooler than in real life, there are hues of blue, green and purple in the cladding. It's stunning to look at.

The first and the only price drop. Prices of the individual knives have been adjusted in the OP. Or buy both for 2400€.
This is the last time I'll bump this thread. If it doesn't say "sold", the knives are still available.

Price drop.

Takaba: 1650€
Oatley: 650€

I'm not much of a knife collector anymore, and want to move most of the stuff I don't use.
This is the lowest I feel I can go. These knives have cost me way more than this.
We can talk about a package deal though.

Back