HitlerJuegend knife by Henckels

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

podzap

Reaction score
Browsing through the local "sell your used stuff" website today looking for knives and look what I came across - an 80 year old Nazi blade made by Henckels (with a Zwilling stamp on the blade).

No idea what it is worth, but it looks to be in very good condition. There are several pictures at the link, only posting one of them here for general visuals.

hj.jpg

https://www.tori.fi/uusimaa/HJ_veitsi_53608926.htm

Interesting find!

Those knives are still made today. I have one just like it, diamond emblem in the handle and all (no swastika of course, but the silver lily emblem of the boy scouts on a green field). I also have the dagger version, which looks pretty wicked. Sheath is made of metal btw.

Browsing through the local "sell your used stuff" website today looking for knives and look what I came across - an 80 year old Nazi blade made by Henckels (with a Zwilling stamp on the blade).

No idea what it is worth, but it looks to be in very good condition. There are several pictures at the link, only posting one of them here for general visuals.

View attachment 48072

https://www.tori.fi/uusimaa/HJ_veitsi_53608926.htm
Congratulation!
Pretty rare knife in such condition.

No Nazi parafernalia, please.
Besides, this is a kitchen knife forum.

This is a forum for "Historical Finds" and as Zwilling is also probably the top kitchen knife brand on the planet, I felt this to be entirely appropriate.

If you have a problem with it personally, then you are more than welcome to report my post to a moderator or admin. But since you are neither yourself, I'd advise you to not try policing me.

If you have a problem with it personally, then you are more than welcome to report my post to a moderator or admin. But since you are neither yourself, I'd advise you to not try policing me.
This might be the perfect time to move any follow-up conversation to private messages.

This post has been reported and the report considered. This knife reflects part of history many of us would wish never happened, but it did and we can’t and should not pretend it never happened. So as long as the discussion won’t take the wrong turn, this post is ok in this subforum.

Congratulation!
Pretty rare knife in such condition.

I didn't buy it because the price was quite high, but I was considering if it would be worth it or not. That's sort of why I posted it here. BTW, you necro-bumped a 7 month old post :)

I guess this is a necro-bump as well, but one worth making,

"I was considering if it would be worth it or not."

Easiest question I've ever answered—NO!

I guess this is a necro-bump as well, but one worth making,

"I was considering if it would be worth it or not."

Easiest question I've ever answered—NO!

Seems there is somewhat interest now and then in keeping this thread alive.

The metal is not exactly high quality, I presume. The knife does have collector value, however, assuming there aren't a million of them in circulation. I doubt it was worth the asking price of 550 EUR, however. I might have been willing to pay 200 just to have a piece of European history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back