• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hitohira Kikuchiyo Kyuzo Amime Silver 3 Gyuto 240 mm (drop)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bico Doce

aka Big Dice / Bocce Ballz / Big Douche
Reaction score
Hello!

I would like to sell my Hitohira Kikuchiyo Kyuzo 240 mm gyuto. I purchased this November 2021 from Carbon Knife Co. Shortly after this purchase I was unexpectedly able to land a few harder to find items (Jiro, Raquin, Tetsujin) and now I am trying to liquidate what I can from my collection to cover those purchases. I used this knife once for a cut test consisting of onions, carrots and celery. It is is very thin behind the edge but has a thicker spine and feels more like a middleweight with forward balance. It is a wide bevel knife with a crisp shinogi line that Kyuzo is well known for. Kikuchiyo is highly regarded for his treatment of ginsan. If you're looking for a great stainless middleweight this is a good option.

Specs:

Edge Length: 228 mm

Height at heel: 50 mm

Weight: 201 grams

Steel: Ginsan/Silver 3, stainless clad

Finish/grind: Tsuchime, wide bevel

Handle: Ho wood, buffalo horn ferrule

There is a gentle taper along the spine, where the tsuchime finish ends is where taper really kicks leading to a very fine tip (this is difficult to see in the spine shot)

Retails for $380 at CNC

Asking $340 $320 shipped/insured in US

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

Last edited:
Bump/drop. I need to get this thing moving. $320 shipped/insured in US

Drop $300 shipped/insured in US. International $20 towards shipping, you pay the balance

Latest posts

Back