• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hitohira Tanaka Kyuzo Blue1/Iron Clad Gyuto 240 mm ($375)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bico Doce

aka Big Dice / Bocce Ballz / Big Douche
Reaction score
Hey!

I would like to sell my Hitohira Tanaka Kyuzo gyuto 240 mm. It’s blue 1/iron clad, wide bevel with cedar handle. I purchased this from Bernal (currently sold out here) in October 2021.

This knife is light and nimble, when it came to the onion chop I felt that it outperformed the Yoshikane SKD because it had the same cutting performance (or very close to it) without the stick-tion because of the wide bevel. I used this knife about 6 times, it has not been sharpened or stropped. A patina has developed but can be removed upon request. I am only looking to sell because I unexpectedly had my number called on Yanick’s waitlist and I need to liquidate to cover the cost. Although I’m selling, make no mistake, this knife is a top performer. It has a strong distal taper, good forward balance and the cedar handle is very comfortable.

Specs:

Edge length: 230 mm

Height: 50 mm

Weight: 163 grams

Handle: Cedar

Asking $460 shipped/insured

9C7616E8-975A-45F0-A899-EBF18669E345.jpeg

647C6CFF-7ECB-4EF9-85D1-917C6D8DF05B.jpeg

1D6CF7FA-7C8E-492D-A76E-07945D39D533.jpeg

0F670A8A-2798-42DD-9DD4-0D31A9A6A6F6.jpeg

Drop: $430 shipped and insured in US

Drop $405 shipped/insured in US. International $20 towards shipping, you pay the balance

Adding additional photos. I removed the patina and applied some axe wax to the handle. Original pics didn’t do it justice. One thing to note this knife is much lighter than what was listed on the site (about 20 grams), not sure if that is consistent for all of these but I have found that this one can perform like a laser but doesn’t suffer from the terrible food release because of the wide bevel.

Edit: in the pic below it looks like there is a scuff mark on the ku finish, it is not a scuff mark. I had applied oil and wiped it with a paper towel, some of the fibers got caught on the finish. Condition of the knife is like new.

8B85CD03-702F-4EFE-80B1-873F0DD6839C.jpeg

D57E2697-8250-4B20-BE26-0696DA6F494D.jpeg

04C31EFB-AA7B-4C50-9ABB-DE0C3D82DD4E.jpeg

Last edited:
Thats a nice picture in front of the tree trunk. Good lighting! I have one coming Friday or I would take this in a minute. GLWS

Thats a nice picture in front of the tree trunk. Good lighting! I have one coming Friday or I would take this in a minute. GLWS
I’m sure you will love it. Definitely one of the best I have tried. I may regret selling this but I always put a premium on trying out new knives

How is this not sold? This is the best deal on the forum right now.
Thanks! I try to price aggressively once I post here on BST. I don’t like doing weekly bumps. I’m really shocked this hasn’t generated more interest. Maybe I should change the title to Tanaka Myojin?? Hell, Kyuzo could be Myojin

Back