• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hitohira Tanaka Kyuzo Migaki (U) 240 Gyuto Blue #1

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Originally purchased from Millertime1111 to compare to my KU version.

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...-migaki-u-240-gyuto-blue-1.54798/#post-834576
I ended up preferring the KU version so this one is going back into the wild. It did not have much of an edge on it when I received it and I put an edge on it. Was recently touched up with a Naniwa Pro 3000 and stropped on denim.

20211126_105306.jpg

More pictures can be found in the following link.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pX6gz93Erk-2GkMhsmny-ovLmzabBbJW?usp=sharing
Heel Height: 50.5mm
Weight: 202g
Cutting Edge Length: 234mm

$500 USD shipped and insured to CONUS, payment via Paypal G&S.

Last edited:
now that this is spf, i wanted to ask why u preferred the ku version. I have the Ku, been wanting to compare it against the migaki or stainless

now that this is spf, i wanted to ask why u preferred the ku version. I have the Ku, been wanting to compare it against the migaki or stainless

So my KU is heavier by about 20 grams and of course a bit thicker so it has better food release. The profile itself is basically the same as the Migaki here but I like a heavier/substantial blade personally. To be fair though I have been constantly working on my KU to remove the hollow grind and have removed the KU so it doesn't really look like a KU Tanaka Kyuzo at all any more.

So my KU is heavier by about 20 grams and of course a bit thicker so it has better food release. The profile itself is basically the same as the Migaki here but I like a heavier/substantial blade personally. To be fair though I have been constantly working on my KU to remove the hollow grind and have removed the KU so it doesn't really look like a KU Tanaka Kyuzo at all any more.

would love to see the end result when it happens!

Latest posts

Back